Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
E

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 19, 2020 5:03 PM

Closed

Teacher discount

I applied for the teacher discount months ago and I have heard nothing about the program and my bill has actually increased. I heard that this might be a scam but I have been with AT&T for a long time and hope this isnt true.

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

2 y مضت

How is a discount that's been publicly offered and announced and hundreds of thousands of teachers have been able to take advantage of a scam???   And the point would be what? 

🤨

Did you enter your WORK email to verify you're eligibility? 

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/wireless/iru-check-for-discount.html?source=ICIR00SiG10000N3L&referrer=https%253A%2F%2Fwww.att.com%2Foffers%2Fdiscount-program%2F%3Fsource%3DEC1N250000000000P%26tfn%3Dwireless%26WT.srch%3D1%26wtExtndSource%3Datt%2Bsignature%2Bprogram%2Bdiscount%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds%26%26gclid%3DCjwKCAjw2Jb7BRBHEiwAXTR4jXn36v3fg0WVZNactfj5aH-_cxBY1GgZ3lNym-Adlk0JplqsJJF1MxoClQoQAvD_BwE%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds&fromDesktop=true

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

2 y مضت

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Of course I gave a lot information related to my work including my email address. I was sent a link to sign up and heard nothing about it before I received it. Many scammers do reach out for such information. The feedback I was hoping for here would be someone who has successfully recieved the discount and exactly how long it took.

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

I have been struggling to get an answer from ATT on my status.  Many months and they keep saying wait one more cycle.  I would complain to your state's attorney generals office.   That is what I will do.  I kept transcript copies of my chats for proof.  

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

2 y مضت

Just to confirm requirements :

The discount is offered to account owner, who must apply through the signature program, or take proof of employment to a corporate store. 

If you are not the account owner, you have to do a transfer of billing responsibility into your name.  Then apply. 

You should see the signature discount code on the front page of your bill. If you are not seeing a code at a discount posted on the front page of your bill you are not enrolled.

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

The teacher's discount can't be applied to my legacy plan so it won't appear on my current bill.   

I have submitted proof of employment twice now.   Chat support claimed the discount would be effective this billing cycle.  It isn't.  

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

2 y مضت

What "legacy" plan? 

Irregardless of whether you get a service discount, your fan number should be applied to your account, and the fan number and discount amount would appear on your front page of your online bill.   Your fan may not permit a service discount but it would still offer you discounts on accessories and possibly waive upgrade fees .  This is where you will also find the name of your plan.

My understanding is if you have the 12 year old unlimited plan, discounts are permitted, which is why they want people off of that old plan.

There have been several unlimited plans since 2016 which do not permit a discount except military and veteran.  

The Unlimited Elite, Extra and starter plans allow some discounts for qualified signiture programs, teacher included.   ( also military, veteran, doctor, nurse, teacher)

The unlimited elite plan allows a $10 per line discount with any discount that can be applied to a metered plan, including AARP and any employers discount program. 

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

2 y مضت

@nordicgolfguy

If you are the account owner, and you are submitting your information online without success, have you taken your proof of employment for an eligible discount to a corporate store?

• 

4 Messages

2 y مضت

I have been an ATT customer for many years.   The "chat" folks keep telling me to wait.  In October,  Christy S. stated:   " You will receive email confirmation within this week."   I can quote other promises but the fact is, with COVID I shouldn't have to contact ATT 5 times and then have to expose myself at their store to get this done.   I have ordered a TMobile network try-kit.  They allow you to try their network for 30 days on your current phone.   TMobile would be much cheaper than my current plan, so if there network is decent, I am sure their customer service couldn't be worse.

• 

3 Messages

1 عام مضت

oh does it work that way? cool

• 

1 Message

9 m مضت

Wow, I am having the same issue as you all are. I applied for the teacher discount almost a year ago now. I keep being told to wait another cycle, but that cycle never seems to come. I had to change my plan (that I loved) in order to be eligible for the teacher discount, but I am still paying about the same amount of money each month…still no discount. This is very sad since I have been a loyal AT&T customer for over a decade now. I am thinking of changing to TMobile now. :(

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

9 m مضت

@BrettNorman

Hmmm.  How can you say 'spam set up' without saying it.  Any law professor in USA would say that, not jurisprudence. 

Time to close the thread 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.