Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Feb 16, 2017 10:03 PM

Teacher Discount

I have been with AT&T for probably almost 20 years and I have been an educator for longer. I was just talking to other teachers at my school that mentioned that they get a discount with Verizon. I just contacted AT&T and they also give educators discounts. I wish I had know that for the last 20 years. 😞

Responses

Accepted Solution

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

To check whether you're eligible for the AT&T Signature Program, you can indicate your employee ID in an AT&T store.

Also: how can our school participate in the E-Rate Program? I found the AT&T page at MyEducationDiscount and they clearly state that a school can have up to 90% discount on the existing network (or a new one). Is that true?

Follow the prompts to check your eligibility, click here to access AT&T's

(edited)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77K Messages

https://www.corp.att.com/erate/

Up to 90%. Copy and paste link. I'm on mobile and it does not allow the creation of active links

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@dovpat wrote:

I have been with AT&T for probably almost 20 years and I have been an educator for longer. I was just talking to other teachers at my school that mentioned that they get a discount with Verizon. I just contacted AT&T and they also give educators discounts. I wish I had know that for the last 20 years. 😞

Usually the school, county or union sends that info out.  As a tech director for schools I sent it out yearly (and had it on our internal help pages).

Most schools/state agencies seem to get 17%, does that sound right?

It's only on the PLAN, not the lines.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77K Messages

3 years ago

You can check using your work email here.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/iru-check-for-discount.html

The account must be in your name and only one discount is allowed on the data portion of the plan.   

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks- I have been told to stop into one of the stores with my ID to get the discount started.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@dovpat Try the e-mail option (listed about) first, if it accepts your e-mail it's a little easyer (and more likely to work, IMHO).

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I tried it and it didn't recognize my school email.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@dovpat wrote:
I tried it and it didn't recognize my school email.

My 2 cents. Talk to another teacher getting the discount and get the FAN number off of their bill (and the proper name of the district in AT&T's computers), it might make having them look it up go A LOT smoother...

Please let me know how it turns out so I know whether to suggest this again to somebody...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the idea but I stopped into a store today and they signed me up for the discount.

Get started...

Ask a new question