For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
breannams60's profile

1 Message

Thursday, August 24th, 2023 3:21 PM

Switching to att

How do I go about talking to someone for being lied to to switch? They told me that they would pay off my Verizon contract and I just found out that they do not do that. This was in May. My phones were traded into AT&T and I still owe Verizon for the phones as well as the contract. Verizon is charging me over $1000. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 months ago

File a BBB complaint. That will get you a response from corporate. You might as well pay Verizon, ATT won’t. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

8 months ago

Where did this transaction take place? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 months ago

Here comes my usual:

1) The deals are all published online. If you don't find it, it doesn't exist.

2) Read your bill on a regular basis. It does not matter if you have auto pay and paperless there's no excuse for not reading your bill. 

3)  Do not sign anything you did not read, ever. When you sign something you are obligating yourself to something in writing which is going to override anything you were told or think you were told.  

3a)  If when you read something that you are about to sign and it does not include information like " we are going to pay off your old carrier", that means AT&T is not going to pay off your old carrier and you signed an agreement with your old carrier that you would pay them off.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.