Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
carrieluhoward's profile

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 19th, 2024 11:58 PM

switching phones with family

My daughter's phone is eligible for a trade in.  I'd like to trade it for the newest 15 model and keep it for myself and give her my current 14 iphone.  How does this show up on our billing statement?  Will ATT catch that my number is now using the 15 and switch the payment plans?  (Both will have a monthly payment for the iphone).  Or will I need to call once we get the new phone  in and talk to someone to clarify which number has which phone?  

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

2 months ago

As long as you are on the same account, and still paying for the phones and service, you could do as you please.  The installment and bill credits will remain on the line that was upgraded.  

On the new phone arrives it has to be activated on the line that was upgraded in order to still qualify for the trade-in promotion.

You will then have to juggle eSim (you both have 2 of them) in order to put your daughter's phone number on your old iPhone 14, and move your phone number onto the new iPhone 15

Apple iCloud also allows temporary storage when you get a new phone which makes transferring your data a lot easier

7 Messages

2 months ago

I currently have two lines on my phone. Is that something I can transfer at home or would I need to go to an att store with my daughter to do it there? 

7 Messages

2 months ago

Any answers to how to transfer at home if one phone has two lines?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.