Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
buddylee47's profile

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 27th, 2022 3:08 PM

Switched to Spectrum, still got a bill for full month

Canceled my Signature Program , and ported number over to Spectrum, because I'd rather spend $14/month than $58. Change over occurred on 2/23. Current bill states Feb 16 - Mar 15 . Do I owe  a full month or a pro rate of 7 days? I turned off Auto pay, and now I'm getting late charges. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Final month is not prorated. You do owe the full 2/16-3/15 charges. You should have waited until 3/12 or so to cancel. 

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Just been thru this with Spectrum. Billing cycle ended Feb 27 and my lease ended Feb 28. I needed communication services on the 28th so for less than 24 hrs of service I am being charged $262. I know the Supreme Court held up Maine consumer protection law forcing these companies to prorate for services used. What about the other 49 states... hey FCC??? The only American thing about fleecing the public is the free enterprise system. But when businesses gouge consumers that's when freedom needs to be constrained and protections need to be instituted. Do they really believe that charging $262 for 18 hrs of service is beneficial to their customers as Charter/Spectrum stated in court?

Imagining a bunch of wealthy execs sitting around some marble top conference table with precious stone inlay, deciding how to become richer. Let's charge customers for full months even if they receive services for a single day.... and let's get our lawyers to come up with a rationale for why this is beneficial for the customer. So absurd on the face of it. A 5 yr old could explain why this is unfair. Spectrum rep said I should feel lucky they don't have a policy forcing customers to buy out of their contract. I thanked her for her and her company's benevolence (which she took as an insult because she didn't know what the word meant, to which I explained it was an insult but because I was being sarcastic to which she took even more umbrage telling me she was not being sarcastic, after which I knew I was seriously wasting my time)

So I will pay the bill prorating the bill myself. They'll get 1/30 of the $262 and not a penny more. Let them take me to collections. Let them ruin my credit rating, let them take me to court. I'm not paying. They know it's unfair, I know it's unfair and we all know it's unfair. Power and greed may win out and cause me financial repercussions but they are not getting $262 for nothing. The f'ing nerve!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.