Need help understanding your bill?
Z

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 13th, 2020 11:53 AM

Stop Autopay from paying 2 days before payment due date!

How do you stop the autopay option from taking funds two (2) days before the payment due date?

I have called customer support about this twice to have this fixed. In both instances, funds for the following month's pre-payment were withdrawn from my account on the *actual* due date, the way it is *supposed* to happen. I was assured by Customer Support both times that the payments would be tied to the specific due date going forward. That does not happen.

The following month, it's back to the same 2-day early withdrawal of funds. Nothing gets fixed.

AT&T is misrepresenting the autopay program.

I will always have funds in my account on the payment due date but I may or may not have those funds in the account two days before the due date. If there are no funds, then I will get dinged a penalty.

Fix this so that the funds are withdrawn on the *actual payment due date*, please.

Every other autopay program in the world is able to do this, from the big name credit card banks to student loans to memberships, etc. Why can't AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Sorry to say but there is nothing to fix. That’s just how ATT does it. I presume the reason is to give the customer time to pay if autopay fails. Your bill states the day autopay will pay, this should not be a surprise. My bill doesn’t even list the actual due date anymore, it just shows the autopay date. Why customer support can’t just tell you that, I don’t understand.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.