Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 5:58 AM

Still getting charged for bogo

Went to upgrade one of my lines in July 2019, they talked me into getting 2 phones because they had the bogo promotion going on... I expected 2-3 months before I started seeing the credit and now almost 8 months later I am still not receiving the bill credit and now I’m getting the run around.. first they they tell me I should see it on my next bill.. still nothing. Then they don’t know why I’m not receiving the credit.. now they want to tell me on the specific day I got the phones the Bogo was not going on.. mind you I only went to get one phone and was talked into getting 2 phones because of the bogo deal!! It makes no sense!! How can I get some help with this?? confused and irritated 😣

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.8K Messages

a month ago

all buy one get one deals require the addition of a new line, and putchase of the ’free’ phone on that line, also all deals since may 2019 have required a qualifying unlimited data plàn .

You menthion neither.

If you did not meet qualifications, the credits would (correctly) not be added by the computer.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.7K Messages

a month ago

If a store talked you into a BOGO deal that did not actually exist, that store should make it right, IMO. If the store manager won’t make it right, file a BBB complaint against the store.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I also got (Edited per community guidelines)ered into the BOGO deal in August of 2019.--I only wanted one phone.

AT&T's systems (Edited per community guidelines) big time! I have spent numerous hours trying to resolve various issues over the years. Their system does not allow for HUMAN error. I upgraded to an new iphone in August 2019 and also did the same for a second line because of their BOGO (by one get one free) promotion. To qualify meant adding a new line and it had to be under an unlimited plan. However the sales rep did NOT disclose, or state that the phone had to be under an unlimited plan. The other catch, my account would be charged for the second phone for 3 months, then after 3rd month my account would be credited. NOT THE CASE, WELL, it has been 6 months later and AT&T loyalty customer service has refused to honor the BOGO deal because their system will not allow it! Even though the it was the Sales Reps error! Time to change to a different provider.

(edited)

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

Hello,

It states 1-3 bill cycles for BoGo credits, if all qualifications are met. After that, it is not a delay, it is that you didn't meet all the qualifications to get the credit. Not being on an unlimited plan appears to be the reason, as that promo was during the "BoGo with Unlimited Plan" timeframe.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Thank you to those who responded.. I did add a new line, but was not informed of the need to have an unlimited plan.. Definitely think that they should of informed me if there were changes I needed to make to my plan In order to get the deal, when they were the ones talking me into the deal. Also I have done the online chat and called more than once trying to get the issue resolved and find out why I wasn’t receiving the credit. If in fact I wasn’t getting the credit because I didn’t have the unlimited plan this is something that was never told to me both when I bought the phones and the multiple times I’ve contacted customer service. I have got a different answer every time and if it is because of the unlimited plan they’ve had multiple times they could have explained this to me. I’ve been an att customer for a long time but I will definitely be considering other wireless options for the future.. 😡

• 

5 Messages

Again, another consumer who also got had by an AT&T representative who was obviously not trained effectively to communicate BOGO requirements. I asked if there were any plan changes, and NO! The Sales rep did not disclose unlimited plan requirement at the time of purchase (August 2019). So, because of a HUMAN error, AT&T's system refuses to honor the BOGO promo. AT&T business practices obviously only take into account their needs and do not favor consumer's. I also shared the same experience because of HUMAN error. The business practices and systems they have in place only protect themselves and leave little to the consumer. AT&T is to big to even care for the consumer, anymore. Loyalty--right Loyalty care in favor of themselves (AT&T).

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…