Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
ktkangaroosjack's profile

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Aug 12, 2022 12:47 AM

Signature Program Elite vs Premium

AT&T recently switched their top tier program from Elite to Premium to avoid having to offer HBOMAX for free to new customers. For those of us who are on the elite program are we still eligible for the signature discount? Currently the "legal stuff" outlines requirement to be a part of the Premium program but does not have a carve our for Elite members.

• 

4 Messages

2 m مضت

When did they switch? I only ask this because I haven't had Elite that long, maybe 4-5 months. I switched from unlimited choice II. (I NEVER had issues with) Had to get a second line due to issues on their part and was told if I got the second line and went to Unlimited Elite that it would only be $5-$10 more a month. and I would be getting the Elite ($85) for $75 and then paying $10 less bc I have the signature program. Well thats a whole joke bc the billng says $95! But I still have the HBOMAX and that was even from the phone b4. 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

2 m مضت

The only difference between elite and premium is there is no HBO Max and premium gets 10 GB more of hotspot data to use.

AT&t no longer owns HBO which is why it has been removed as a perk.

HBO max went with it's Warner media split, which was sold to Discovery.

Discovery plus is already discussing merging its Discovery Plus and HBO Max as a new streaming standalone

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

2 m مضت

@UrCustomerServiceSucks 

The base price of unlimited elite or unlimited premium is the same, $95. If you have enrolled in autopay and paperless billing that is reduced by $10. If you have enrolled in any signature discount program, like AARP, it is reduced by another $10 to $75. If you are not enrolled in autopay and paperless billing and your enrollment in a signature discount program has not been completed, then yes you would be paying $95

Have you enrolled in these 3?

• 

3 Messages

6 d مضت

The ATT Signature Program advertises as this receiving $10/month off per line, 20% off accessories and 22% off monthly bill. Reading this, it's advertised and understood as these discounts being DEDUCTED from the bill. I called and spoke with a rep who said that the plan pricing as listed ALREADY includes those adjustments. How does that make sense? If it's listing the plans to me at $50/line, wouldn't that mean that an additional $10 is removed, making each line $40/month? And then, wouldn't that also mean there's an additional 22% discount on top of that for being a member of a Signature Program through employer?

I'm getting a feeling of this being all false advertising and deceptive practices. Because 22% off the bill does not equal $10 off.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.7K Messages

6 d مضت

I called and spoke with a rep who said that the plan pricing as listed ALREADY includes those adjustments. How does that make sense?

@bootknots It doesn't. The rep you spoke with was simply wrong. The online pricing does include the $10 per line autopay discount, it does not include the additional $10 per line signature discount. I'm not sure where you are reading the signature discount details but it's only $10 per line on the Unlimited Premium plan, not an additional 22% on top of that. I believe that 22% applies to older grandfathered plans that get a signature discount.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

6 d مضت

Read again, not selectively this time... 

The 22% is on qualified plans, the only current plan it applies to is the 4 gig plan.  Unlimited plans do not qualify for the 22% off. 

Additionally, you cannot stack 2 discounts for the same discount program.  The only stackable discount is the autopay and paperless billing discount which is also $10.  

If you continue to read the second page it outlines what is eligible on the unlimited Premium plan which is a $10 service discount which is stackable only with the auto pay and paperless billing discount. 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

6 d مضت

@bootknots 

Further... 

You mentioned you're paying $50 per line. Depending on how many lines you have on the Premium plan, your discounts may already be included, and the discounts would show in your online bill, as $10 off for auto pay and paperless billing and an additional $10 off for your signature discount program. 

• 

4 Messages

5 d مضت

This is where you call and keep asking for a manager, bc this is where they keep screwing the customer in the (Edited per community guidelines)!! ITS FALSE ADVERTISING on them and the crooks keep doing it to all of us! 

Then you have wanna-be's answering questions that they don't have the proper information, WHY? Because they are not employees of ATT. I had been dealing with the same crap from them since April and then have a tech ask me to call and then they hang up be I refused to believe the junk that they were spuing out. I then went into the store the next day to have them fix everything. 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

5 d مضت

@UrCustomerServiceSucks

This is at&t advertises prices.

https://www.att.com/plans/wireless/

Where is it false?   It's not. 

All anyone has to do is read the website and use the estimate tool to see prices. 

It's ALWAYS been this way. 

• 

3 Messages

5 d مضت

Yes, thanks @formerlyknownas , I did check for the qualified plans listed. I have ADP as the benefits provider and they qualify for the signature discounts. It looks like the plan that qualifies is the Premium Plan. Up until today, I had the Unlimited Elite Plan and just made the update for the Unlimited Premium. I already have autopay and paperless, and was getting a discount for those on the Elite.

But, I called Customer Support yesterday to explain the differences between each plan, and when I mentioned that the Premium is offering 10$ off, the rep said that the $50 premium plan already includes the $10 dollars off. That doesn't make sense, because that's not how it's advertised. She then went on to say that the Premium is the same as the Elite with the exception of HBO Max (included with Elite). I'll see after this next upcoming billing cycle if any of the discounts prove to be true.

Just for context...when I was under the Elite Plan it shows $60/month said to include discount of $10, and then Signature member of additional $10/off. That means that prior to the autopay, the plan is $70/line under Elite.

Current advertisement lists the Premium Plan as $50/line/month - does that include the $10 discount - or will $10 be deducted. Then stack with the $10/month off for Signature.

And then, what about the offered 22% off the bill a month?

• 

4 Messages

5 d مضت

They see a shift in the future and are getting out of content business.  Probably a smart move for AT&T.  Content will continue to get cheaper and cheaper over time. HBO Max content isn't that great. The money is in the service & infrastructure.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

5 d مضت

@bootknots

Just for context...when I was under the Elite Plan it shows $60/month said to include discount of $10, and then Signature member of additional $10/off. That means that prior to the autopay, the plan is $70/line under Elite.

These numbers mean you have three phone lines formerly on unlimited Elite and now on unlimited premium... Correct? 

Current advertisement lists the Premium Plan as $50/line/month -

For 4 lines... Same estimate tool, with the orange slider on 4 lines, which is the most common number of phone lines and therefore the default online when you look at the estimate tool. 

And again there is absolutely no price difference between the elite plan and the Premium plan you are just looking at the online estimator tool wrong

does that include the $10 discount - or will $10 be deducted. Then stack with the $10/month off for Signature.

And then, what about the offered 22% off the bill a month?

Your own screenshot shows that you are receiving both the $10 auto pay and paperless billing discount and the $10 signature discount, and it shows a starting price which is correct for a three phone line plan. 

Again, the % off only applies to metered plans, like the current 4 GB plan and the grandfathered Mobile Share value and mobile share Advantage plans.    

Signature discounts cannot be stacked. For example you cannot stack ADP $10 off with the 25% that is offered to at&t internet customers who switch AT&T Wireless.

In summation, you seem to have a three phone line plan and are receiving both discounts which are correct for the unlimited plan. You are not eligible for 22% off which only applies to metered plans. 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

5 d مضت

And because people often don't believe anything unless they see it with their very own eyes, here is the original online elite plan.   Showing the original estimator tool for three lines versus four lines, and with the notation under each that the price reflected online included the $10 per line auto pay and paperless billing discount. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.