Need help understanding your bill?
U

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 4th, 2020 1:33 AM

Service was interrupted even though it showed payment and then the system allowed a downgrade to a lesser plan than payed for?

I've been an AT&T customer for, I'm guessing a couple of years. Recently my service has downgraded in quality, which makes no sense to me since I'm less than a mile and a half from an AT&T store.

I woke recently to having no service. When I attempted to make a call, the system would tell me that my service was interrupted and that I needed to make a payment. My credit card was due to expire that month.

I had already decided to switch service and had a SIM card on the way for another carrier so I switched my plan to a less expensive plan so I wasn't paying for the Unlimited pan for less than a month, since it was interrupted. I was unable to get the system to take a payment online because I had just changed my PIN. When I called AT&T prepaid to make a payment, the woman that I spoke with was rude, TO PUT IT THE NICEST WAY I POSSIBLY CAN!! I COULD EASILY GO ON A VERY UNPLEASANT RANT!

The next day, I realized that my payment for the $65 Unlimited plan had actually gone through and that I was unable to send calls for absolutely no reason. So my plan switch was not necessary. I was trying to save money since I was switching anyway and, again, my service was interrupted. Instead, I didn't pay $59.35 for the unlimited plan, nor did I pay 38.15 for the $35 plan...I payed $97.50.

HERE'S WHERE AT&T SCREWED ME OVER MAJORLY. Out of that $97.50 that I payed, I have the $35 plan. So I have payed $97.50 for a plan with 2 GB of data. All because I woke to "you must add money to your account."

I contacted AT&T about the charges and even spoke to a manager. I'm told that since I changed the plan there is nothing that they can do.

IT IS NOT HARD TO DESIGN A SYSTEM THAT IF IT HAS PROBLEMS AND FEEDS A CUSTOMER FAULTY INFO, THAT IT DOES NOT ALLOW THEM TO DOWNGRADE THEIR SERVICE LEVEL SO THAT THEY ARE GETTING LESS THAN THEY PAID FOR. If it allows that, something tells me that the system surely did not recognize my Unlimited payment. But that's not what Customer Service is telling me is the case.

I WILL NOT AT THIS POINT RECOMMEND AT&T TO ANYONE. IN CASES LIKE THIS, I GIVE LOTS OF ADVICE TO ANY AND ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPANY!

What I would like to know at this point is, is there anyone at AT&T that is willing to step up to the plate and do something about this to at least partially resurrect my opinion of AT&T??

I was actually going to leave a very rude post in the same measure as what I've experienced but I'm still trying to leave a little hope for AT&T to actually care.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

You prepay for a month of a plan. If you switch plans, your old plan is canceled are you are prepaying for the new plan. You should have changed the plan BEFORE you paid for the unlimited plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.