Need help understanding your bill?
G

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 3rd, 2020 11:03 AM

Service suspended - charged for full service

I was told that I would ONLY be charged $10/month if my service was suspended while abroad. I noticed that my account is suspended, but I am still being charged for full service. I am asking for a refund for the time my account was suspended. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

In general suspension does not reduce your bill at all.  Reduced rate suspension is granted under extraordinary or emergency circumstances, not just because you are traveling

If you are allowed reduced rate suspension it only reduces the line access to $10 a month. It does not suspend phone payments or plan or taxes. Depending on how much your line access is, a $10 a month line access may not be much of a reduction

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

You were either misinformed or misunderstood. Even while suspended you still pay your line fee and any phone payments for each line. I believe it’s 10 dollars off 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This happened to me too. I called to cancel my service (prepaid), but the rep told me I could suspend my line instead and they would only charge me $10 a month. Now I'm being charged for full service, a service I'm not using.

They should not cheat people like this. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 years ago

@dhrodriguez 

I was told that I would ONLY be charged $10/month if my service was suspended while abroad. I noticed that my account is suspended, but I am still being charged for full service. I am asking for a refund for the time my account was suspended. 

not possible.  Prepaid  does not suspend at a reduced rate.  No such thing for prepaid.  Prepaid is self managed service. You wasted your time calling Support when you should have changed your plan yourself to a pay per use plan, or turned off auto pay.  You do NOT call to cancel prepaid service.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.