Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jun 14, 2019 12:02 PM

Service is still off after payment was made.

I paid the past due balance on the account restarted the phone 2 seperate times within the last hour and the service is still suspended. I am not able to call customer service because the service has not been restored. Any help is appreciated. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

If your service is suspended, you have to pay the entire balance due, not just the past due balance to restore service.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

I just paid my bill and my service hasn’t came on yet

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

@TaterTot0212 wrote:

Why is that when the current bill isn't due for 2 weeks? I am already having to pay a reconnection fee.

Because that's AT&T's policy. Per AT&T: "You can restore your wireless service by paying the full amount due on your bill."

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Why is that when the current bill isn't due for 2 weeks? I am already having to pay a reconnection fee.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

I borrowed a friends phone to call customer service. I paid the past due balance and still had 2 weeks to pay the current bill. I was not required the pay the entire balance, my service should have been restored within minutes of paying my balance. The customer service rep told me "a glitch in the system prevented that", she restored the service at the time. Just wanted to let anyone else who experiences this know to call customer service if you have an issue. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.1K Messages

a year ago

@TaterTot0212 Consider yourself lucky because the agent should not have restored your service. As others noted, once service is suspended, it won’t be restored until the entire balance owed is paid, that includes any new bill received even if the new bill is not due yet. Basically, you must get your account balance to $0 to restore service. That agent did you a favor. They could have insisted you pay the outstanding bill also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Having the same problem and have been paid in full

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I have a zero balance and confirmation numbers this was never an issue with Directv

Get started...

Ask a new question