Need help understanding your bill?
K

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 26th, 2020 4:20 AM

screwed up account

what do I do when all managers want to tell me to stick it where the sun don't shine when I am trying to get what a representative promised me over the phone on a recorded line.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

3 years ago

Calls might be monitored for training and quality purposes. They do not record calls for record keeping.

What did the rep "promise" you? It is possible they may have offered something that cannot be honored. But we don't know unless you actually tell us.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T’s prices and deals are published online and those are the only prices and deals that are honored.

First bills include:

More than one months service charges.

Activation fees.

Installments on new phones (even if you qualify for promotions)

First 2 to 4 bills do not yet include:

Auto pay and paperless discount

Discounts for employer/signature discount/FAN discounts 

Promotional credits on phones.  

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Not only was it recorded but also noted on my account by a premier support member Chasity with what should happen on my account because of a combined billing issue which 3 other managers read aloud to me yet nobody is willing to do what is promised which was since I was billed for two accounts for two years because someone else did not do their job, my account has been screwed since 10-1-2018. Finally found a rep who placed a ticket to fix and said I would get all credits that had been placed on second account to my live account when it was fixed. Chasity witnesses this had not been done so stated I will get you to disconnection and note and tell them the account should be zeroed out. When I asked what that meant she said all 725.77 should be credited and start anew with correct account.

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

3 years ago

How do you know it was recorded? Did they play back a recording of the call? If not then all there is would be notes typed on the account.

If agent made an invalid offer, they will not honor it, just like most companies. The paperwork/order confirmation shows what you actually get. If it differs from any promise, that is when you contact the company. If they cannot modify it to what you wanted/expected, then your choice to continue with order as it shows or to cancel it at that time.

If you are disputing something from 2 years ago, then it is too late as there is only a 60 day dispute policy. Disputes must be done within a reasonable time.

At this point it sounds like agents are submitting info to other supervisors with no guarantee you will get what you want. So they are passing the buck hoping someone else can approve something (that realistically sounds like it won't) and washing their hands of it. Because of that, I would file a BBB/FCC complaint. May not get exactly what you want, but the complaint hits the corporate level and they need to address a situation of where agents have to give definitive answer instead of repeatedly submitting requests that will not go through.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

I have to agree with juniper. They're putting in for a credit but the credit is not being approved up the line.

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with your account but at this point probably should have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint two years ago. 

Continuing to call AT&T about the same problem for two years he is probably right up there with the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

That's really not how it works and I understand that your tag says you are not affiliated with AT&T. I however used to work for a direct competitor of them and have many friends and family who work for them and know for a fact that they do keep the recordings for around 45 days and yes any manager there has the access to pull up that call if they are someone who is at all interested with doing their job correctly. Keep in mind I was not asking for the amount of credit they offered me and in fact I could ask for so much more since I have been billed for two DTV accounts for 2 years and have been calling for those 2 years and just now got it reduced to 1 that is combined with my cell service. I was only asking for credits that were given and applied but applied to the second account and not done correctly which only added up to $260. The level of disdain and contempt I was met with by supposed managers is reprehensible but I have since been contacted by corporate and things are being looked into so I will keep all updated. 

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

@kbrown61us Calls are recorded at random for quality and training purposes only. They are the property of AT&T. Also, why did you continue to pay for two years of service if you clearly thought there was an error? Why did you not cancel the account? Per the terms and conditions of service you agreed to "IF YOU DISPUTE ANY CHARGES ON YOUR BILL, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING 100 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THE BILL OR YOU'LL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY LEGAL ACTION RAISING SUCH DISPUTE." Feel free to visit

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

@kbrown61us

If you 'know how it works', then you know you signed agreements limiting AT&T's response to 3 months of credits from the time you provide a written dispute of incorrect charges.

Anything over and above that is out of the goodness of their hearts. But certainly waiting 2 years is unreasonable, when did you first notify AT&T there was a problem with your bill?

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am not asking for the two years back only what the rep promised I would get. I have been calling for two years to get it fixed, the problem is that when AT&T bought DTV then the DTV system became a legacy system that does not always speak correctly to the new parent company so in turn causes massive problems. If I was asking for the whole 2 years the credit would be in the thousands.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

Oh for goodness sakes. 

If you have had a known problem unresolved for 2 years, you should have filed complaints way back 2 years ago. 

This falls under, "why you bringing up old stuff?".  

Rats chance now 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.