Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mastentaylor's profile

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 8:15 PM

SCAMMED BY IN HOME SALES

I recently moved, ATT fiber was offered as my internet provider. The day that I had a technician here to install it, an in home "expert" showed up offering me a promotion if I bundled my wireless and internet with ATT. At the time, my wireless provider was T-mobile. I was offered FREE IPHONE 14s, and promised a bill of $150 monthly which included insurance. I traded in 3 very new iphones that were paid off, and was promised a break down of the promotion via email, which never came. 

I have experienced nothing but AWFUL customer service and chaos since signing on with ATT. Firstly, my bill is $260 a month, and I am being billed for these phones that were promised as free. Customer service states they cannot honor something an in home expert does, so basically I am out of luck? I asked for the supervisor's name of the in home expert, which I was given, I have contacted her SEVERAL times to no avail. She emailed me ONE TIME and stated that they were UNSURE OF WHERE MY TRADE INS ARE??!!!! How does a company lose 3 iphones?! I have asked several times for the breakdown of the promotion and have not received it. At this point, I am going to report ATT to the CFB. I am tired of being scammed as a consumer just trying to make an honest living. 

5 Messages

29 days ago

Complaint filed with FCC 5/14/2024

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

29 days ago

Phone promotions are not applied for 3 billing cycles. The supervisor probably has no idea where the trade ins are because that's not her job and she won't be privy to that.

If you received a receipt showing that you gave the rep your phones, the FCC complaint should get escalated to someone who can help pretty quickly.

5 Messages

29 days ago

@MicCheck  I have asked the in home expert for the breakdown I was promised, 3 times, and have been given nothing. I have an email from her stating they are trying to track them down, that is enough proof for me that they were given. I have plenty of texts between myself and the in home expert as well which mention the trade ins. I contacted her to make a complaint about my billing, and she has been less than helpful, in fact she just ignores me. I just submitted my initial complaint, and will see if they request additional information or how this process goes. I am highly upset, I was promised a bill of $150 per month and I am being charged between $220-260 a month. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

29 days ago

Just because you don't understand the offer does not mean that the offer was not genuine. And if you had read things that you signed and were presented to you, it probably explained everything including the delayed bill credits for auto-pay and paperless billing with debit or checking, the delayed credits against the iPhone 14s. And the three different unlimited plan options, and the discounts applied. 

In any case your first couple of bills are not representative of the monthly bill.  

With the exception of the auto-pay and paperless billing credits, everything else will kick in retroactively

Three phone lines on AT&T's plans before your discount for having wireless and fiber internet 

I don't recall the current offer but I believe it's 20% off of your wireless, plus $20 off your internet. 

61 * 3 = 183.   

51 * 3 =  153

46 * 3 =  138

Less 20%

Add back taxes and fees

Alphabet agency to complain to would be the FCC.  

You'll get a phone call which explains everything, when you can expect credits and discounts 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

29 days ago

that is enough proof for me that they were give

It's not proof at all. When you handed the rep your phones, you should have received a receipt, which actually is proof.

The in-home "expert" and supervisor are sales people, they don't have the training (or inclination) to provide customer service, so don't bother with them any more.

The FCC complaint will be forwarded to AT&T's Office of the President, who will reach out to you. If anyone can make sure everything is straightened out, that's who it will be.

5 Messages

29 days ago

@formerlyknownas , it has been nothing but unprofessional chaos since joining AT&T. My complaint does not mean that I don't understand the offer, I have already stated that the trade ins are nowhere to be found on my account, meaning, it is not even noted on my account that we had 3 trade ins. I read everything I signed, which is why I know what the deal I was promised was. I was promised a break down by the in home expert via email after the deal was done, and never received it. I have requested it multiple times. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

29 days ago

it is not even noted on my account that we had 3 trade ins

That's perfectly normal. Trade ins are sent to a 3rd party recycler. Until they are checked in and inspected, AT&T will not have any idea if you traded anything in. That's one reason it takes 3 billing cycles for credits to be on your bill.

5 Messages

29 days ago

@formerlyknownas @MicCheck thank you, I wish when I called AT&T they would relay this information. You have both provided more insight then any department as of yet at AT&T. I am hoping for a resolution pertaining the billing, because ultimately I am happy with the service. Thanks again! 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

29 days ago

Happy in home experts department is not the same as AT&T. This is a completely separate group of people, sometimes subcontractors.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.