Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Help for account, billing & more
G

• 

1 Message

Mon, Oct 25, 2021 7:11 PM

RIPPED OFF by ATT. Beware of online offers with trade-in!

I recently did an online upgrade to take advantage of a $700 trade-in credit offer (in the form of monthly bill credits spread over 36 months).  Fast forward two months later and still no bill credits.  Upon contacting AT&T, they "claim" that the trade-in phone screen, while free from any cracks or scratches, had excessive "burn-in" and it's trade-in value was adjusted from $95 down to $47.50.  In doing so, they claim I am no longer eligible for the $700 in bill credits but will instead only receive a $350 promotion.  So, because they "claim" the value of my phone is $47.50 instead of $95 they are cutting my promotion by $350!!!  CRAZY!  And of course, I learn all of this long after the return window is closed on the expensive new phone!  The phone was in good working order when it left my hands, but even if it had a problem, a more FAIR remedy would be to reduce my rebate by the small discrepancy in the phone's value, NOT BY $350.  I appealed this outcome to AT&T but it fell on deaf ears.  LESSON LEARNED... never do an online phone trade-in.... you are totally at their mercy as to the phone's value and the consequences can be BIG.

I've been an AT&T customer for decades (with 4 lines), but that will be coming to an end very soon.

No Responses!
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.