For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, February 1st, 2020 10:56 PM

Refund need on Promotional device(Unfortunately paid remaining balance)

I have been the loyal customer since 2013 and in 2018, I have upgraded my device with promotional offer of buy1 and get 1 free. So, currently, I have 2 lines in my account. Yesterday, I went to nearest AT &T Store and have paid off remaining balance on both the devices (but unfortunately paid for promotional offer device too). Even, the AT & T agent didn't inform about it when I forgot about it and he blindly added total and when I called him after 2 hours he regret about that. The reason that, I had paid remaining amount is to unlock the phone as I have abroad travel plans and I can use it with local SIM's. So, My question, I unfortunately paid off the amount for Second device(Promotional device where the AT&T will be crediting that amount every month till the contract ends). So, can you able to assist in getting that refund of $190.09 of second device?

when I had a conversation with Customer service and store agent, they are saying in different way, The Store agent says that, it will be credited into next billing cycle and Customer service says that, it can't be refund it back and also, the device can't be unlock until the contract ends and also, the second line will be terminated.

Currently, I lost my money by paying to second device and also, failed to unlock the 2nd device until the contracts ends.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

First of all you don't have a contract, your financial obligation was the installments which you paid off and is now complete. Both phones would now be eligible to be unlocked as soon as AT&T record that they are paid off

Paying off installment is not reversible there will be no refund or credit. When you sign up for a promotion it requires that you keep paying out every installment in order to get credits for the full 24 or 30 months
To put it more simply no installment = no credits.

The second line was also a requirement to get the buy-one-get-one deal, if you cancel it you are no longer eligible and credits stop.

Had you managed your installments and paid online you would have received the warning that installments could not be restored after they are paid off.

AT&T doesn't owe you a refund. Sorry but please be aware of this is also Universal. Other carriers have similar phone deals which also require that you keep the line active and the installments in place for the full term in order to get all of the credit. If you cancel the installments by paying the phone off, or cancel the line you void the deal

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

hmmm. photo will not add all of a sudden?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. No one here can assist getting your remaining credits or undo paying off that phone. By paying off the “free” phone, you terminated the installment plan. It is possible you will continue to get the monthly BOGO credits but terminating the installment plan will probably end any remaining credits to. There is no way they will simply credit the rest. That would allow you to cancel that line. The whole idea of the BOGO deal is to keep that new line active for the entire length of the installment plan.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

A “Buy One Get One” offer stipulates at least one new line, with the new line getting a credit “up to $XX amount” spread out as a monthly credit over 30 months. If you cancel the line before all credits, you forfeit the rest. If you pay off the phone early, you will continue to get the credits to reimburse, if the line isn’t canceled. This allows you to then “unlock” the phone for abroad travel, and continue to get the rest of the promotion. Visit att.com/deviceunlock to complete request as soon as a 24-48 hours after pay off date. The only reason you’d dial to get credit is form cancelling service.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

@mobilemax

It is the experience of the forum that paying off the ’get one’ or a phone receiving credîts will void the deal and credits stop.

according to current terms:

To qualify for bill credits, wireless line must be on an installment agreement and remain active & in good standing for 30 days.

To get all the credits, keep the device active for the entire agreement with eligible wireless service.

If you cancel wireless service, your credits will end and you'll owe the installment agreement balance of up to $900.

If you cancel service on any other line on your account within 90 days of activating the line under this offer, device credits will stop.

➡️ If you upgrade or pay up/off the installment agreement on the device early, your credits may cease.

Credit approval is required. Depending on your credit, a down payment may be required.

You have 14 days to exchange or return the smartphone (30 days for business customers); a restocking fee of up to $55 may apply.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.