Need help understanding your bill?
Y

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 28th, 2020 4:35 PM

Promotional Discount Not Honored

Hey folks - I have been an AT&T wireless customer for almost 7 years but am considering cancelling because of some recent events that are not OK with me. I'm writing to see if others were able to resolve a similar problem as I'd prefer to do so and stay with AT&T if possible. In September (as is the case right this moment) AT&T was running an online promotion of the Galaxy A715g to purchase at a 50% discount of $10 a month as opposed to $20. There are pages of fine print, of course, and so before purchasing I reached out to customer service and inquired if my lines account was eligible for the promo. They confirmed that yes I was indeed eligible and the what would happen is I would be charged the full $20 for the first 3 months of billing after which point I would be credited $30 from those first three months and only charged $10 a month from that point on. I got my fourth bill and neither appeared. I tried to chat with customer service but they advised to call. I was on the phone for 1 hour and 49 minutes, transferred 4 times, and still noone could help me as AT&T says they "can't see the promo". I still have no idea what that means and I also don't care. What I do care about is the promo I was promised. Finally I landed at the retention department who told me all they can do is escalate the case and that in 5-7 days someone will review it and see if they can "find the promo" and get back to me with a decision. With an answer like that it's clear they don't want to keep a longtime customer. I'm not waiting around for them to continue to play games so I have already started researching other phone providers. I understand AT&T claims I will have to pay for the remaining balance of the phone when I cancel, etc etc. I absolutely will not be doing that and am happy to see them in small claims court. Plus, they also said I would get a promotion so there is no way of knowing when they are lying or not. I see on the BBB website, over 52,000 unhappy consumers have posted similar stories about AT&T. I just added my own and will give it a couple of days to resolve out that way. If it doesn't, I'm thinking I cancel with AT&T and move providers this weekend. But I'm curious, has anyone ever had any luck getting folks at AT&T to do the right thing by their loyal customers? And if so, what was your trick? Who did you call or write? Did you got to third-party consumer agencies first? I welcome any help or advice you can provide.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T has 165.89 million wireless customer, so having only 52,000 complaints is not that big of a number. As for your question "they also said I would get a promotion so there is no way of knowing when they are lying or not" Are you sure you met all of the terms of the promotion? They are all listed online for you to review. Did you review them yourself?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I completely disagree that the number of complaints isn't that big but I'm not here to debate that or anything else for that matter. Of course I read the terms. Please refrain from responding again, I'll wait for someone else to chime in.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

do you have a qualifying unlimited plan? 9 out of 10 times this happens because they dont switch to a qualified unlimited plan.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

Can you make 165 million people 100% happy? Also, this is a public customer forum. Therefore, anyone can respond. Since you read all the terms then you should be able to figure out which one you did not meet since you are not getting the promo. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Wow, what an incredible embarrassing display of useless (Edited per community guidelines)tards come here to (Edited per community guidelines) and make AT&T look even more like the (Edited per community guidelines) show worthless joke of a company that it is. I would rather die then be one of you! Glad I saw this before posting here, this is the saddest place on earth!

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hey look at me, I can make up (Edited per community guidelines) and search the wayback machine. WOW HOW (Edited per community guidelines)ING IMPRESSIVE AM I! What a (Edited per community guidelines)ing joke AT&T is.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hey did you read the terms of how pathetic an excuse for a life you have to be to call trolling these forums your job?

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hey pay attention to me - this is a public forum and I need attention!!!

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

MOMMMY PLEASE WHY| DOES NOBODY LIKE ME?!?!?!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Bye Felicia

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.