For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tksummerlin's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 8:14 PM

Promised a due credit multiple times but credit NEVER is processed

I have been dealing with customer service, mobility care, and the local AT&T store since November. I have had no resolution after being promised the credit I was due after canceling a service that didn't provide the outcome promised. Wireless internet booster that couldn't hold a connection for more than a minute and definitely couldn't support video conferencing. Service was canceled and equipment returned as directed. I have been with this company for 20 plus years. I have been on the phone for hours upon hours and always the same response. "I have to escalate this to my manager" - how many times does this need to be escalated. My time is valuable but apparently my business is NOT!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Is there any way to talk with someone that has authority? I've even received calls from "managers" and their approval to issue credit still doesn't net the credit actually happening. Any advice is helpful.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

Did you return the equipment within the 14 day return period?

Usually the reason customer have trouble getting credits is that they really aren’t legitimate, despite what they are told by reps.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Is this a cellular issue? Or an internet issue?
You refer to a 'wireless internet booster', which has absolutely nothing to do with the wireless/cellular forum, that would be an internet issue.

FYI final bills are not prorated. And equipment that you held more than 14 days is yours and not returnable oh, and you would have to pay the full balance on the equipment. If the credit you are expecting is for a partial month service, that is not going to happen. You can refer to the terms of service, and the return policy, which is pretty much standard for all providers of internet and cellular services.

If you still believe there is an error you can file a Better Business Bureau complaint. However be aware that that may just get you an explanation for why you are being charged, rather than a credit or a removal of valid charges.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.