For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
romad's profile

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

Saturday, June 8th, 2019 4:34 AM

Price increased $5 effective 10 May 19 without advance notice

My Unlimited Choice plan was changed to an Unlimited Choice II plan without informing me in advance. After calling AT&T I was told this was due to a change in service speed, but my statement still shows that I get the same 4G LTE WITH VVM service as under the old plan and nowhere can I find anything about going to a faster speed. As I understand it, only when 5G is launched will the speed increase from 4G's 1 Gb/s speed to 5G's approx. 20 Gb/s. Can anyone tell me what is this "faster speed" for which we're now being charged an extra $5/month? Is it: 5 Gb/s, 10 Gb/s, etc?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Gary L I believe that means their new plan is $29 lower than what they were paying ATT.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

You “Experts” are part of the reason I switched. You are a liability to ATT because of the way you treat ATT customers. Thankfully, the actual employees have been taught to commiserate with customers when they are unhappy, not tell them why they’re wrong and ATT is right. 

As for the $29, my ATT bill is $79 - the $5 increase was actually $9 on my bill - while the T-Mobile plan is $50, all taxes and fees included. Well, it’s not exactly the same - my new plan is for people 55 years of age and up, but from the technical aspects it’s the same, and ATT doesn’t have a plan for old folks like me. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Engrpas Really, you switched because of what other customers said on a public forum? Then I suggest you stay away from T-Mobile’s forums.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I didn't switch because of what you said - read carefully - "partly". And while you are technically expressing your own personal opinions, you have been given a certain level of pedigree by ATT, their disclaimer notwithstanding. 

In any event, your combative attitude is not doing ATT much good, if I were them, I certainly would not elevate you to a status where you are perceived as someone who can speak for ATT, again, the disclaimer notwithstanding. 

In any event, I'm not going to pursue this childish argument any further.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Engrpas, employees are taught to commiserate with customers and make sure they are happy at the end of the call. Unfortunately, that can lead to sugarcoating, half-truths, omissions, and lies. 

We don't have to care about people being happy, so we can tell it like it is. Sometimes people don’t want to hear it, but at least the facts are out there for those willing to accept them. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Engrpas My combative attitude? Please pay attention to who you are responding to. I have not and do not get combative, except maybe in defending myself when being wrongly accused. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Engrpas wrote:

\As for the $29, my ATT bill is $79 - the $5 increase was actually $9 on my bill - while the T-Mobile plan is $50, all taxes and fees included. Well, it’s not exactly the same - my new plan is for people 55 years of age and up, but from the technical aspects it’s the same, and ATT doesn’t have a plan for old folks like me. 

That Magenta Unlimited 55 is a nice plan for $50,  Netflix, 20GB hotspot, 50GB deprioritization, GoGo inflight WiFi, international roaming (a bit limited but free!).

It costs more than what I'm paying per line on AT&T but I'd switch IF they had the same coverage as AT&T (for the places I frequent) as I really like those bonuses.

Hopefully, you'll get great coverage where you need it!

Scholar

• 

408 Messages

5 years ago

engrpas, keep an eye on your account and maybe lock it down as T-Mobile has the highest rate of successful "SIM swap" attacks. This is due to T-Mobile not verifying that the person requesting a SIM swap is the real owner of the account in question.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.