Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!
romad

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

Sat, Jun 8, 2019 4:34 AM

Price increased $5 effective 10 May 19 without advance notice

My Unlimited Choice plan was changed to an Unlimited Choice II plan without informing me in advance. After calling AT&T I was told this was due to a change in service speed, but my statement still shows that I get the same 4G LTE WITH VVM service as under the old plan and nowhere can I find anything about going to a faster speed. As I understand it, only when 5G is launched will the speed increase from 4G's 1 Gb/s speed to 5G's approx. 20 Gb/s. Can anyone tell me what is this "faster speed" for which we're now being charged an extra $5/month? Is it: 5 Gb/s, 10 Gb/s, etc?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.1K Messages

6 months ago

@Engrpas My combative attitude? Please pay attention to who you are responding to. I have not and do not get combative, except maybe in defending myself when being wrongly accused. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

6 months ago

@Engrpas wrote:

\As for the $29, my ATT bill is $79 - the $5 increase was actually $9 on my bill - while the T-Mobile plan is $50, all taxes and fees included. Well, it’s not exactly the same - my new plan is for people 55 years of age and up, but from the technical aspects it’s the same, and ATT doesn’t have a plan for old folks like me. 

That Magenta Unlimited 55 is a nice plan for $50,  Netflix, 20GB hotspot, 50GB deprioritization, GoGo inflight WiFi, international roaming (a bit limited but free!).

It costs more than what I'm paying per line on AT&T but I'd switch IF they had the same coverage as AT&T (for the places I frequent) as I really like those bonuses.

Hopefully, you'll get great coverage where you need it!

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
romad

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

6 months ago

engrpas, keep an eye on your account and maybe lock it down as T-Mobile has the highest rate of successful "SIM swap" attacks. This is due to T-Mobile not verifying that the person requesting a SIM swap is the real owner of the account in question.