Need help understanding your bill?
dynamiclynk77's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Saturday, August 31st, 2019 2:20 PM

Ported my lines then told there were $30 activation fees after the fact 💲💲

I went to your store to put 4 lines on your service and ported out from Cricket however you AT&T store rep didn't tell me about activation fees until after my lines were ported out thus canceling my Cricket service!!

So I had no option but to get a sim from AT&T since I would have been without service (well played force people onto your service) by Slamming.

This is very shady and I want a refund for this bogus act. Your online chat said they would look into getting it reversed then I contacted them again after the bill posted and they told me no.

So what do I do contact my card company after the auto-pay occurs as this being fraudulent from your store? I have the chat reference ids also.

But regardless the AT&T employee didn't tell me until after my lines were removed from my previous carrier this has to be some sort of FCC violation or FTC I dunno it's some sort of violation

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah I could have cancelled the transaction but a port out is irreversible so you are commenting on things you have no experience with hence.. trolling right? Anyways I will leave this here until a solution arrives or I find a suitable solution to this fraudulent act.

Example: You go to get your car fixed, and they tell you okay we are going to replace your 4 tires for $300 dollars you say ok. Then they come back and say we replaced your transmission too you owe use $3000. Sound fair even though you only agreed to the 4 tires?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

I did not troll. You apparently don’t understand what that even means. Your car analogy is not even remotely close to being charged activation fees.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 years ago

@dynamiclynk77 wrote:

Yeah I could have cancelled the transaction but a port out is irreversible.  Not true.  If you switched back in 3 days you are not charged activation fees.  

so you are commenting on things you have no experience with hence.. trolling right?  Please define it.  Providing you with facts is not trolling.  

Anyways I will leave this here until a solution arrives or I find a suitable solution to this fraudulent act.

You not liking a fact doesn’t make it fraudulent.

Example: You go to get your car fixed, and they tell you okay we are going to replace your 4 tires for $300 dollars you say ok. Then they come back and say we replaced your transmission too you owe use $3000. Sound fair even though you only agreed to the 4 tires?

Not the same at all.  You authorized the port.   Equivalent  is you saying please replace my transmission, and then being surprised to get charged for it.   Especially if there is a sign somewhere on the wall at the auto shop that says we are allowed to charge you for any service that you authorize. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

@sandblaster @lizdance40 Thanks for trying to make me believe AT&T didn't do anything wrong but they ported out my numbers without a service agreement. @sandblaster yes a social troll tries to cause discourse on a social platform by posting baseless comments to get a rise out of other members I am aware, which seems the direction you both are heading with your condescending comments. 

My analogy was referring to porting out my numbers with out a service agreement then coming back and saying you owe us $30 per line even though you didn't agree to it...yep pretty fitting to the analogy.

So post away I will be ignoring you both since you are not helpful and just AT&T devotes whether right or wrong.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

social troll tries to cause discourse on a social platform by posting baseless comments to get a rise out of other members

Ok, you do understand what trolling is but I’ve done no such thing. Why you believe that, I don’t know but I’ll say it again, I don’t troll and I will gladly submit any of my posts to a moderator for review. I simply don’t believe ATT violated any FCC regulation. It does not matter what I believe, if you believe they did, you already know what to do.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 years ago

Same goes for me.  Go ahead and flag the posts for the moderators.  Providing facts and documentation is not trolling.  However the forum mods do object to calling other members trolls, especially if they aren’t.  

They might shut down the thread because you got answers, but don’t like them and have become argumentative and down to calling us names 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

4 years ago

To add to your collection of information.  Re post 23 on cancelation, and return policy.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/returnpolicy.html

How do I cancel service?

Call the number on your invoice or receipt to cancel service. Early termination fees may apply. See Returns by Device.

AT&T will refund any activation fee you might have paid if you cancel service within three days of activation.

Please note that you may have to return any handsets and accessories purchased with the service before service can be cancelled.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

4 years ago

This is just silly. @dynamiclynk77, I know you don't like facts you disagree with but here I go.

From FCC.gov: "Slamming is the illegal practice of switching a consumer's traditional wireline telephone company for local, local toll, or long distance service without permission [emphasis mine]." A cell phone is a wireless telephone. Not the same thing. 

Slamming was a situation where people would get a bill in the mail from a new company, discovering that company had switched their landline service without knowing it. It is not a case of someone walking into a store, saying they want to change providers, giving all their information to authorize the change and then changing their mind. You had to agree to the wireless terms and conditions to authorize the change. There's a verbal agreement as well as a written agreement.

Even if it was unauthorized, you could still have switched back. Yes, your Cricket service was cancelled because you started service with AT&T and you can't have service on two different companies for the same number. But Cricket could have reversed the cancellation and just ported the numbers right back within hours. By not doing that, you accepted the terms of AT&T, including the fees. You can still port your numbers back to Cricket if you want.

When you sign up with any carrier, they don't hand you a three-volume set of the company's terms and conditions to read. You just have to agree to them. There is a link there, so if you sat down and read them, you would have seen the activation fees, but the bottom line is that there was nothing illegal going on here.

Now to address your real problem, which is the activation fees you don't want to pay, the salespeople very well may have behaved unethically by not telling you about the activation fees, but it was not illegal. The activation fees with AT&T are rarely waived except for some corporate plans, and customer support will not waive them. The only ones who might waive the fees are the Office of the President. As @sandblaster has repeatedly suggested, if you file an FCC or BBB complaint, the Office of the President will be required to contact you. There's no higher authority at AT&T so they will have the last word.

Telling you facts that you don't like is not trolling. None of us work for AT&T or even love AT&T, beyond the service we get that keeps us as customers. Someone who loves AT&T certainly wouldn't tell you to file an FCC complaint because AT&T hates those.

Have a nice day.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

More condescending remarks from the community leaders but I'll play.

Sure I could cancel but then I have to pay $10 per Sim card to go back to cricket regardless I wouldn't be in this situation if AT&T didn't perform  unauthorized port out with a service agreement.

Then I have lines spread across geography which was a coordinated effort to begin with.

Again lines were ported out prior to a service agreement.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

4 years ago

@dynamiclynk77 wrote:

AT&T didn't perform unauthorized port out with a service agreement.

You're really stuck on this idea, aren't you? Do you have service with AT&T? Then you have a service agreement. Even if you dispute the timing of when you agreed to it, to have service with AT&T, you have to agree to the wireless service agreement or you don't get service. AT&T has the exact date and time you agreed to it, so it has all the legal firepower it needs. In slamming, there is no agreement before or after the change of service.

Again, you're shifting the goalpost of this conversation from the activation fees to an unauthorized port because you know waiving the activation fees won't hold up. Well, your "unauthorized port" argument holds up even less.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.