Need help understanding your bill?
RB48723's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 15th, 2018 1:49 PM

Plan Change without My Consent

I have been an ATT customer for several years and have seen my bill increase on a regular basis. Recently I received a notice that I made changes to my account which I did not make. When I called the Customer Service number I was told that I was grandfathered in on a 10gb plan for my mobile devices and they decided to "improve" my service by upgrading me to a new 20gb plan at a cost increase of "only" $20 per month. I did not ask for this, wont use the additional gb and do not want to pay an additional $20. I was basically told that I had no choice and all other customers in my situation are happy about this change.  Really?  All other customers are happy with being forced to pay an additional $20 per month? The solution I was offered.....sign up for DirectTV and receive a bundle discount and visa gift card.  So let me get this straight ATT....you change my plan without my consent, raise my bill and offer me a discount only if I purchase yet another service for yet another monthly fee?  I think its time to start looking for a different provider.    

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@BeachLover1105

The thought is 5g is coming and we will need more data than ever.   Let’s hope improved reception.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Im mad that this is not the first time i have recieved terriable customer service. I contacted your escalation team and basicly got an F you. I was lied to about what options your phone had in the first place now you change my plan for me tell me its just 10.00 more i should be happy. This is crazy. Im paying off this phone i hate and leaving this terriable company.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. AT&T wanted to charge everyone more whehter they needed it or not. So they did. AT&T made it abundantly clear in with this unethical, skanky move that they could care less about their clients. 

AT&T makes reading their agreement a non starter. Everyone just signs the {edited for word filter evasion}things. You need a lawyer to make sense of them.

I am fairly certain after speaking with a woman (supposedly supervisor) who turned into a witch when i told her i never recieved an email (and i still havent) to enable me to know i had an option to opt out of this plan to steal another 20 dollars per month for a service i have zero use for. She also claimed there was no going back to the grandfathered plan.

That is a pretty cool way to shaft people, send the email to an address that was changed over a year earlier and then tell them you notified them and that since they never got back to you, you agreed to be shafted.... Is that even legal? 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Excuse me but AT&T only provides service 70% of the time but insists on 100% payment for the 70% service.. I wonder how we all got talked into agreeing to this new business paradigm? See if it works for you. Go into work amd say hey I am providing 70% of the job but I still expect 100% of the pay. yeah lead ballon. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse I guess you didn't bother to read the thread. You had notice of the change on your bill at least once if not twice. That is the only notice required. If you don't want the price increase with the additional data, all you need to do is switch to a current plan, called Mobile Share Flex. You can probably get the same or almost the same amount of data you had at the same or lower price. How is that being shafted?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Dear SandBlaster, Why cant AT&T just honor their word and leave the plan I had alone? It was grandfathered in. AT&T provided a notice (they claim) that if I did agree to pay more money just don’t say anything. So by default anyone who did not recieve the notice, agreed to the plan change. Yeh right. ‘Your honor i wasnt trying to shaft them really, i just wanted millions more in orofits and it seemed so easy.’

Funny how AT&T can text ones payment amount but could not send texts to notify of plan change “plan change coming, text 1 to see changes” would be way way too difficult? ‘Text no if you do not agree to a plan change’ is too much to manage? Dont treat me like I am stupid. This was NOT am oversight or accident. Telling me it was something i did is just an ignorant way of calling me stupid. 

AT&T  sent the notice (supposedly) to an old email address that was changed over a year prior while on the phone with AT&T rep changing my phone number. Come to think of it i think i did originally get a notice to open the new account using the new address yet never got anything further. Humm will have to start searching. That would make things much more interesting wouldn't it. 

Then they claimed ‘oh your fault what do you mean you have not been getting bills. You should have known that we didnt have your correct email address.’HORSE Manure. AT&T knew I would never get the notice because they knew I would never agree to the plan change. They don’t give a rats derrière about us customers. I updated the email  yet again on the latest conversation and the witch i spoke with still didnt have it changed. I am still not getting any notices. Funny how you have conversations recorded but you cant locate them when a customer has said something and AT&T screws it up isnt it?? Not!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:

Dear SandBlaster, Why cant AT&T just honor their word and leave the plan I had alone? It was grandfathered in.

Yes, and it still is. AT&T never gave "their word" that the price wouldn't change. 

AT&T provided a notice (they claim) that if I did agree to pay more money just don’t say anything. So by default anyone who did not recieve the notice, agreed to the plan change. Yeh right. ‘Your honor i wasnt trying to shaft them really, i just wanted millions more in orofits and it seemed so easy.’

The plan increased in price. AT&T doesn't need your "agreement" to change prices. 

Funny how AT&T can text ones payment amount but could not send texts to notify of plan change “plan change coming, text 1 to see changes” would be way way too difficult? ‘Text no if you do not agree to a plan change’ is too much to manage?

Again, there is no "if you do not agree." The price increased. Period. 

AT&T  sent the notice (supposedly) to an old email address that was changed over a year prior while on the phone with AT&T rep changing my phone number. Come to think of it i think i did originally get a notice to open the new account using the new address yet never got anything further. Humm will have to start searching. That would make things much more interesting wouldn't it. 

Not really. 

Then they claimed ‘oh your fault what do you mean you have not been getting bills. You should have known that we didnt have your correct email address.’HORSE Manure.

Well, yeah. If you didn't tell them you weren't getting their emails, how would they know. 

AT&T knew I would never get the notice because they knew I would never agree to the plan change.

Once again, AT&T has no reason to do that because it never needed your agreement. 

They don’t give a rats derrière about us customers. I updated the email  yet again on the latest conversation and the witch i spoke with still didnt have it changed. I am still not getting any notices.

Funny how you have conversations recorded but you cant locate them when a customer has said something and AT&T screws it up isnt it?? Not!

That's not the purpose of the recordings. 

You mentioned earlier you only get service 70% of the time...why the heck are you still a customer anyway? Find a company that provides the service you need! Sounds like this is the perfect time to explore your options, even if you hadn't before. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I am getting billed $40 more per month. I wanted the plan I had without someone else deciding what I should want. I have zero interesting more data. I had it just at a slower rate if I needed it. I rarely even used the 10gb I had and it rolled over. In most cases I have zero need of 20gb. I think once my wifi was down and I was watching the World Equestrian Games and some breeding championships so I went close enough to get slowed down a day before. So for that I need 20gb. Nope AT&T wanted to grab another $20 per month from me. And you are defending the way this was done. Totally amazing.

And I am also looking into leaving a service I was incredibly loyal to over just not being informed and then getting a nasty evil witch to tell me she did not care if I stayed. AT&T can keep telling their customers that and soon they will really need those rate increases.

BTW People who feel betrayed are way more loud on social media about being unhappy than people who feel they got a rate increase that they agreed to and knew about. Did no one speak to anyone with any marketing sense to inform the rest of the company the kind of blowback they would be subjecting their employees to by pulling this stupid stunt?? Oh yeah that obviously doesn’t matter to AT&T’s management either. I am starting to see a pattern here..

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:
I am getting billed $40 more per month.

Correct me if I overlooked something, but I don't think any of the plans increased $40: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1259100?gsi=

I wanted the plan I had without someone else deciding what I should want.

You have the same plan. It just costs more and includes more data. 

I have zero interesting more data.

Fine, then pretend it's not there. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. 

I had it just at a slower rate if I needed it. I rarely even used the 10gb I had and it rolled over.

The 10GB plan went up $10 (see link above)

Nope AT&T wanted to grab another $20 per month from me.

Ding ding ding! We have the right answer! That's exactly what AT&T wanted to do!

And you are defending the way this was done. Totally amazing.

What "defending" are you seeing? It was a price increase and I'm simply pointing out that our opinions are meaningless since AT&T doesn't need our permission to change pricing. 

And I am also looking into leaving a service I was incredibly loyal to over just not being informed and then getting a nasty evil witch to tell me she did not care if I stayed. AT&T can keep telling their customers that and soon they will really need those rate increases.

BTW People who feel betrayed are way more loud on social media about being unhappy than people who feel they got a rate increase that they agreed to and knew about. Did no one speak to anyone with any marketing sense to inform the rest of the company the kind of blowback they would be subjecting their employees to by pulling this stupid stunt??

Honestly, the marketing people probably thought, "Great! No one likes a price increase, but the extra data will soften the blow!" No one at AT&T probably thought customers like you would be MORE upset at getting additional data than if they'd just increased the price and not given you anything extra. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse

Your math or reading is faulty.  The 10 gig plan, doubled to 20, with a $10 price increase.  not $40. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1259100

There was no “opt out” of this change if that’s what you think.  You did not have a choice about the increase.   

You are still on the same Mobile Share Advantage plan.  That plan term has changed which you were notified and ATT has every right to do.   

It is your job to update your email and physical address.   

The Flex plan has a 10 gig option for $5 less after Auto pay and paperless.  Everything else is the same as your current plan.  

If your service is insufficient, change carriers.   It is entirely up to us customers to chose a carrier that works.   

Since all carriers have stopped contracts, and both Verizon and ATT have made plan and cost changes in the past, this will happen again.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.