For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RB48723's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 15th, 2018 1:49 PM

Plan Change without My Consent

I have been an ATT customer for several years and have seen my bill increase on a regular basis. Recently I received a notice that I made changes to my account which I did not make. When I called the Customer Service number I was told that I was grandfathered in on a 10gb plan for my mobile devices and they decided to "improve" my service by upgrading me to a new 20gb plan at a cost increase of "only" $20 per month. I did not ask for this, wont use the additional gb and do not want to pay an additional $20. I was basically told that I had no choice and all other customers in my situation are happy about this change.  Really?  All other customers are happy with being forced to pay an additional $20 per month? The solution I was offered.....sign up for DirectTV and receive a bundle discount and visa gift card.  So let me get this straight ATT....you change my plan without my consent, raise my bill and offer me a discount only if I purchase yet another service for yet another monthly fee?  I think its time to start looking for a different provider.    

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Ok Want me to send you copies of the freaking bill?? you tell  me this stuff as if it was fact when in FACT it is NOT. Did it ever occur to you maybe something was wrong with my billing?? Well the AT&T rep I first spoke with said well yeah we don't know why that happened to some people. You owe us the money anyhow. When I argued saying look if you add up last months payment that you asked for and what you are billing now it is $40. additional not $20.. Rep said yep but..... I got no where. 

I know what I was told. Do you really think I sit here making this up for zero reason?? That I have nothing better to do with my time and that I am this unreasonably upset over nothing?? Do you think I have some ulterior motive for being so angry at how I was treated?? Believe me I am quite sane, I just expect a certain level of professionalism from AT&T and it was clearly missing. Instead of anyone saying OH jeez Let me help fix this I get bugger off we don't care we are always right. The only excuse for that behavior is CS reps have gotten a enormous amount of 'hurricane like wind' back from their phone calls and everyone was angry. 

BTW I did my part I notified AT&T rep to change my email address. THEY DID NOT DO THAT. How am I supposed to know they would not do their jobs?? I also gave the 'supervisor' my email yet again. Once again I got no bill, just my text to pay. Tell me where can I send the email to get my account updated and then have it confirmed?? I know I am supposed to sign on to some trackable app and update stuff myself wasting even more time. You are simply ridiculous.

AT&T should be responsible enough to get a bill to me. You keep on blaming me.  I keep a record of everything AT&T's customers are now supposed to do to make sure AT&T is not charging them more money and having them lose their grandfathered plans behind their backs. 

AT&T reps can now not be trusted to do what they tell the customers they will?? Again the second time some AT&T rep has posted this horse manure. WOW just WOW! 

What is wrong with you marketing people?? What universities educated you? You act like you don't need or want customers? I am screen shot-ing everything so I can repost responses all over the place. Keep making me see red. It will really help me be more determined to promote AT&T's bottom line in the exact same color. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

So is this convince/sucker clients in to one account plan and then change to it charge more money with zero notification required?? AT&T can change whatever they want, when they want? They have zero responsibility for ensuring the clients get what they are paying for already. Now clients have zero contract to delineate exactly what we are paying for and what we can expect in the future?? Very Interesting responses. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:

So is this convince/sucker clients in to one account plan and then change to it charge more money with zero notification required?? AT&T can change whatever they want, when they want? They have zero responsibility for ensuring the clients get what they are paying for already. Now clients have zero contract to delineate exactly what we are paying for and what we can expect in the future?? Very Interesting responses. 

None of us work for ATT so please repost all you want.  As for the plan changes ATT notified you on your bill 2 months in a row.  Its not ATT's fault customers don't read their bills or the fine print.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:

Ok Want me to send you copies of the freaking bill?? you tell  me this stuff as if it was fact when in FACT it is NOT. Did it ever occur to you maybe something was wrong with my billing?? 

Maybe it was. This is the first you've mentioned that possibility, so how would we be able to know that? If you look at your bill, what does it show?

I know what I was told. Do you really think I sit here making this up for zero reason?? That I have nothing better to do with my time and that I am this unreasonably upset over nothing?? Do you think I have some ulterior motive for being so angry at how I was treated?? Believe me I am quite sane, I just expect a certain level of professionalism from AT&T and it was clearly missing. Instead of anyone saying OH jeez Let me help fix this I get bugger off we don't care we are always right. The only excuse for that behavior is CS reps have gotten a enormous amount of 'hurricane like wind' back from their phone calls and everyone was angry. 

Again, to this point, you've complained only about the price increase and related increase in data. With regard to that, AT&T is "always right," there's nothing more a rep can do unless you decide to change to another plan.

BTW I did my part I notified AT&T rep to change my email address. THEY DID NOT DO THAT. How am I supposed to know they would not do their jobs??

When you didn't receive the monthly emails, you should have had a clue. 

I also gave the 'supervisor' my email yet again. Once again I got no bill, just my text to pay. Tell me where can I send the email to get my account updated and then have it confirmed?? I know I am supposed to sign on to some trackable app and update stuff myself wasting even more time. You are simply ridiculous.

AT&T should be responsible enough to get a bill to me. You keep on blaming me.

It's AT&T's fault your email address wasn't updated. It's your fault you didn't let AT&T know. It's  your fault you didn't look at your online billing.

What is wrong with you marketing people?? What universities educated you? You act like you don't need or want customers? I am screen shot-ing everything so I can repost responses all over the place. Keep making me see red. It will really help me be more determined to promote AT&T's bottom line in the exact same color. 

You're "seeing red" because you are choosing to focus on something you have no control over (AT&T prices) rather than something you do have control over (viewing your bill, choosing your plan, leaving AT&T, etc.) Trying to change the unchangeable will be anyone upset. Instead, focus on what you CAN do and move on with life. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:

Sheesh. Any company can change whatever they want whenever they want. Gas stations do it everyday. AT&T gives at least a month of notice before prices change to give you time to adjust before the new price takes affect. Gas stations sure don't do that!

What do you need "delineated"? You are paying for a month of cell phone service at the price indicated. No, AT&T will not guarantee the future. Sorry. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Actually, there was no notice at all. ATT never sent the bills. I guess you missed that part right? The att rep even said yeah we have had this weird problem with some accounts. We don’t know what happened but too bad.

Glad you all think ATT is the bomb. Of course you altruistically jump on a forum and protect them from what are justified complaints from real customers. they are not paying you in any way, you do it because you have nothing else to do with your life, right? Yeah and the Christopher Steel dossier wasn't bought and paid for either oh and 36 years ago you were assaulted too right? Must have Snail IQ.

Too many of us out here felt the exact same way so it is not just me that is annoyed at the sleazy underhanded Att tactics.

I am glad you are willing to give to have someone change what they commit whenever they feel like it and call it justified . I simply do not.

Att had an proper email to send the notices to. They chose not to. I checked once again. Att had the correct address at one point and no they never sent any bills or notices to the correct address.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse

Your bill is not sent sent by mail.  It’s online.  Paperless billing is the standard.  

Yes, email would have been a good idea.  But you still could not opt out.  

Again, YOU CAN CHANGE TO THE FLEX PLAN.  After discount it’s less than the Advantage plan.  Complaining about a fixable problem makes no sense. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:
Actually, there was no notice at all. ATT never sent the bills. I guess you missed that part right? The att rep even said yeah we have had this weird problem with some accounts. We don’t know what happened but too bad.

Glad you all think ATT is the bomb. Of course you altruistically jump on a forum and protect them from what are justified complaints from real customers. they are not paying you in any way, you do it because you have nothing else to do with your life, right? Yeah and the Christopher Steel dossier wasn't bought and paid for either oh and 36 years ago you were assaulted too right? Must have Snail IQ.

Too many of us out here felt the exact same way so it is not just me that is annoyed at the sleazy underhanded Att tactics.

I am glad you are willing to give to have someone change what they commit whenever they feel like it and call it justified . I simply do not.

Att had an proper email to send the notices to. They chose not to. I checked once again. Att had the correct address at one point and no they never sent any bills or notices to the correct address.

Its funny you can check your email but not log into att.com or the myatt app to check it?  It has a pdf version on there.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

ATT notices to get online and view your bill....

Calling to change an email address is NEVER a good idea.  It’s so easy to mix c/e/d/b/g/p and then the email is wrong.   Have you ever logged into your My ATT account?  Made your access ID?   Everything you need is there.  EVERYTHING.  

AC51629B-A764-40A5-857F-9DF3F32F137B.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@CanItBeWorse wrote:

You still could view your bill online, even if you didn't get the email notification reminding you to do so. Unless you choose paper billing, bills are never "sent," in any way. 

Glad you all think ATT is the bomb. Of course you altruistically jump on a forum and protect them from what are justified complaints from real customers.

I haven't given any opinion of AT&T. Just stating facts, such as the fact that your complaint isn't justified. 

Price change are hardly underhanded

The only thing AT&T has committed to is providing you a month of service at the price agreed to. There's no committment  beyond that month. 

And that stinks. That doesn't relieve of the responsibility of reading your bill. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.