Need help understanding your bill?
RB48723's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 15th, 2018 1:49 PM

Plan Change without My Consent

I have been an ATT customer for several years and have seen my bill increase on a regular basis. Recently I received a notice that I made changes to my account which I did not make. When I called the Customer Service number I was told that I was grandfathered in on a 10gb plan for my mobile devices and they decided to "improve" my service by upgrading me to a new 20gb plan at a cost increase of "only" $20 per month. I did not ask for this, wont use the additional gb and do not want to pay an additional $20. I was basically told that I had no choice and all other customers in my situation are happy about this change.  Really?  All other customers are happy with being forced to pay an additional $20 per month? The solution I was offered.....sign up for DirectTV and receive a bundle discount and visa gift card.  So let me get this straight ATT....you change my plan without my consent, raise my bill and offer me a discount only if I purchase yet another service for yet another monthly fee?  I think its time to start looking for a different provider.    

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Your 10GB MSA plan is $80 for the data plus $20 line fee before the price increase. The 10GB Mobile Share Flex plan is $75 for the data plus $20 line fee. Rather than complaining about the change, why not just switch to the current and cheaper plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Read TOS below.  ATT no longer has service contracts and can raise prices or change them.  If you choose to leave over the change you are not exempt from paying off your phones or devices on installments. 

I was ready for this 4 years ago.  Why do you think all carriers dumped 2 year contracts?   Without contracts carriers can and will make price and service changes.  

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html

1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.

If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@RB48723 wrote:

I have been an ATT customer for several years and have seen my bill increase on a regular basis.

Your bill has only increased in the past due to changes you have made. Taxes and fees have probably increased a few times, but most increases are choices customers make. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Just called AT&T and the agent said we will not increase your data if you don't want it increased but you will still see a $5 price increase. Seriously, AT&T, who came up with that as a "solution?"  Going to research other providers now. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

UPDATE: Just spoke with a manager. He was extremely nice and helpful.  He was able to void the $5 monthly increase in my bill. Now I'm impressed (and he still increased my data). Now that's excellent customer service! Thank you, Dalton.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@nothappyClub Something tells me you will be back. I don’t believe it is possible to void the price increase. Perhaps the rep changed your plan. Anyway, please report back after you get the bill following when the price increase is supposed to happen. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have had an unusually high data usage the last two months and called AT&T today to figure out why. The rep then informed me of a requested plan change on my account to increase my monthly data, which I did not authorize. She could not tell me who requested it and there is no one else who has access to my plan but me. I am very suspicious of AT&T now and I have been with them for 13 years. I have had many issues since upgrading to an IPhone in Jan. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Kale111

Read the link....

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1259100

You should have been notified already if you have the Mobile Share Advantage plan.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Thank you for the link to the article. I saw a pending change to my data plan from 16GB to 32GB and an increase of $10 and started getting worried as I had someone change my password once to my account, and knew I had not made the change. This article eased my mind.

I don’t know if I want the extra charge but if this is their way of doing a rate increase I’m happy to receive the extra data as we have occasionally gone over due to 8 devices on my plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.