Help for account, billing & more
zakaka's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Feb 24, 2017 2:06 AM

Phone credits not applying right away when Wireless Bill rolls out can be misleading!

Hi,

This is not really a question but moreso a suggestion and concern. I was looking at my bill right when it came out and noticed the bill does not reflect the phone credits (thru BOGO free offer) right away as well. I have no previous balance, totalled up the new charges, then subtracted the phone credits i am expecting, but on the homepage of the att billing site, the "AMOUNT DUE $###.##" does not include the phone credits.

This is very misleading and unfair. For those who are not as attentive to their bills and usually pay right away when the bill rolls in, they will end up over paying unnecessarilly." I am actually shocked at this oversight and don't see how this is not addressed. How can we get this reviewed and triaged?

Thanks

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.9K Messages

Il y a 5 y

@zakaka wrote:

This is not really a question but moreso a suggestion and concern. I was looking at my bill right when it came out and noticed the bill does not reflect the phone credits (thru BOGO free offer) right away as well. I have no previous balance, totalled up the new charges, then subtracted the phone credits i am expecting, but on the homepage of the att billing site, the "AMOUNT DUE $###.##" does not include the phone credits.

My amount due does not include my credits either (I did a free iPhone offer). But when the bill is due, they charge me the total minus the bill credits. On the bill, on page 1, under payments and adjustments it shows that I paid part with credits (automagically) and part with credit card.Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 9.17.59 PM.png

I'm not saying you are getting the credits, I obviously can't see your bill, only stating how it appears on mine.

You should not get BOGO credits for the first few months, then (when done correctly) they kick in the 3rd or 4th month, at that time you should get multiple credits for the missing months and then it should appear monthly after.

When did you do your BOGO offer?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 5 y

We did the BOGO back in Nov. Went through the whole "first couple months after will be high then will go down" and now it has went down.We are receiving the credits starting last month. But one thing I noticed and also confirmed with an online rep is that when the bill comes out, the AMOUNT DUE does not include Credits, as you've also confirmed. I see this as problematic for those who pay between the time the bill comes out and the due date. The issue is not in whether we receive the credit or not (because I know we do) but rather in a misleading AMOUNT DUE between the time the bill comes out and the due date.

Im curious why the credits dont reflect immediately just like the credit for having a 4th line free does apply immediately.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Il y a 5 y

Go figure.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.9K Messages

Il y a 5 y

@zakaka wrote:

The issue is not in whether we receive the credit or not (because I know we do) but rather in a misleading AMOUNT DUE between the time the bill comes out and the due date.

If you pay too early and the credit hasn't shown up yet, you should have two credits the next month.

Or if you just keep paying early you won't get them one month and then it'll be there early for all the rest of the months.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

Il y a 5 y

Overpaying isn't a problem, you would just have a credit balance the next month, and a lower bill.

So why are credits delayed 2-3 months?   Verizon does this too.  One of the criteria for getting these promotional credits is keeping your account in good standing.  So clearly the carriers want to make sure you will be paying your bill no matter what it is.  

You would be surprised how many people welsh on that first bill and delay or void credits.

Looking back on my first bill, I get it.  It was very high as I added 5 lines and a tablet with 2 phones on Next for my kids.   I did luck out as I signed up during a no fees promotion with $150 per line bonus, which also was delayed 2-3 bill periods.     So while the first bill was huge, the 3rd and 4th bill had a large credit and had no bill at all.   

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.