Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Mindy1927's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Nov 11, 2014 8:34 PM

Payment Arrangements

I am a new customer and get paid once a month the 3rd friday every month and my AT&T wireless bill is due at the beginning of the month. I don't have a credit card and usuallly am tapped out as soon as I get paid. Every month AT&T shuts me off saying they can't wait an extra 8 days for me to get paid then they charge me a reconnection fee. I don't think this is fair or good customer service. They say they can't do anything because I'm new. When I was with US Cellular, Sprint and Verizon they were able to wait and if I didn't pay at all that month then they shut me off (which is understandable). I just don't understand why AT&T won't wait and let me pay the bill when i get paid. It seems like they don't care about their customers and don't care if they keep them because what this will end up being is I won't be able to afford the reconnection fee and then they will lose a customer and money. I'm very upset right now and think this needs to be rectified.

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry to hear your experience...I am in the same boat and have been up to 30 days late with AT&T and they have never shut off my service.  That is poor customer relations if they are doing it just because your a new customer

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

6 years ago

@Mindy1927 wrote:
I am a new customer and get paid once a month the 3rd friday every month and my AT&T wireless bill is due at the beginning of the month. I don't have a credit card and usuallly am tapped out as soon as I get paid. Every month AT&T shuts me off saying they can't wait an extra 8 days for me to get paid then they charge me a reconnection fee. I don't think this is fair or good customer service. They say they can't do anything because I'm new. When I was with US Cellular, Sprint and Verizon they were able to wait and if I didn't pay at all that month then they shut me off (which is understandable). I just don't understand why AT&T won't wait and let me pay the bill when i get paid. It seems like they don't care about their customers and don't care if they keep them because what this will end up being is I won't be able to afford the reconnection fee and then they will lose a customer and money. I'm very upset right now and think this needs to be rectified.

Somehow you've got a month behind and you're going to have to figure out a way to get caught up. 

For example, you get paid 11/21. You should be using that paycheck to pay your bill due Dec. 1. However, it sounds like you will be using it to pay the bill due 11/1. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of ideas for getting back on track. Do you have a friend or family member who would loan you money without needing to get paid back right away? Isthere anything you can give up for one month to make sure you can pay both AT&T bills next Friday? Will you get holiday-gift money you can put toward AT&T next month?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question