Need help understanding your bill?
GoBamaGo's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 23rd, 2017 11:06 PM

PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS / SERVICES SUSPENDED

Post billed account is suspended and I need to set payment up for 10-27-17 to pay bill,but I was hoping I could get my service reinstated since that’s only 4 days away. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@GoBamaGo wrote:

Post billed account is suspended and I need to set payment up for 10-27-17 to pay bill,but I was hoping I could get my service reinstated since that’s only 4 days away. 

The time for payment arrangements is before the service is suspended. Once the service has been turned off, the account must be brought current before it will be restored.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I understand what you’re saying and I understand why you do it that way. I don’t normally have to pay this bill,someone else does. They are in the hospital and I didn’t hit me the the bill hasn’t been getting paid until it was suspended. It’s Monday,I can pay it Friday. I can give you my info now do you can take it out Friday.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@GoBamaGo wrote:
I understand what you’re saying and I understand why you do it that way. I don’t normally have to pay this bill,someone else does. They are in the hospital and I didn’t hit me the the bill hasn’t been getting paid until it was suspended. It’s Monday,I can pay it Friday. I can give you my info now do you can take it out Friday.

This is a community forum; very few employees post here, and most of those are not in an official role. 

I am not a representative of AT&T. I'm just repeating their long-standing policy. I've never seen them budge or offer any leeway whatsoever with that policy. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@GoBamaGo

@MicCheck Is correct.  The system is automated and Support cannot override it.  Past abuse unfortunately ruined it for those who deserve a break under extraordinary circumstances 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

What about the abuse that att is doing to its customers? So a few bad apples spoil it for us all? I really don’t think att is on the verge of bankruptcy or anything. They could let people that don’t abuse the system catch a break now and then. Things do happen to people that are beyond their control and when they’re depending on the service they’ve had for years,they cut your throat and say “Sorry,so and so screwed us over one time !”

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I m trying to set up payment arrangements so that my services will be restored eventually. I understand that I cannot have the services until then, I just cannot pay the full amount right now so I would like to split the payment into three payments.  230.00. 1-12, 230.00 1-19 and 230.00 1-26.  I would like to set up reoccurring payments through my bank if possible.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

You cannot set up payment arrangements once you are suspended.  The purpose of that system is to prevent suspension.   You can make payments if you want.  Serviceis restored once your balance is zero.  That means all past due and current amounts must be paid.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My service was suspended today March 21, 2018, can I pay the past due to balance next Friday, March 30, 2018? pay my bill.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Micki65 wrote:

My service was suspended today March 21, 2018, can I pay the past due to balance next Friday, March 30, 2018? pay my bill.

You can pay whatever and whenever you want, but your service won't be restored until your account has a zero balance. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. I will be paying the past due to balance next Friday, March 30,
2018, online.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.