Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
hall6515's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 3, 2017 6:07 PM

Paying off new phone early

Is there a way to direct money to the remaining balance of my phone purchase that was spread out on my bill so that I can get it paid off?

Responses

Accepted Solution

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.2K Messages

9 m ago

@patzanunanu You don't have a $300 balance. You currently owe the full remaining balance of the full price. If you stay with AT&T for the full 30 months, monthly credits will cover all but $300 of that balance. 

You asked, "why att need me to pay for 30 mo? "

The answer is simple: They aren't giving you $800 because they love you so much. They're giving you monthly credits for 30 months because they want your business for 30 months. Every promotion is designed purely to make AT&T more money. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

52.5K Messages

4 y ago

If you are asking can you pay more than your monthly payment so that you can pay it off early, no that is not possible. Your only option to pay off early is to pay the remaining balance. If you don't have enough to pay the balance, just save until you do.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.3K Messages

4 y ago

If you want to oaynoff your phone in full, there are 2 ways, either in an ATT store, or you can use a credit card to pay the balance of the Next installments.  

Login online or my ATT app, chose the line with the phone you want to pay off.  (Please note the installment may not be on the line the phone is used on). You can manage the device, then choose to pay off installments.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I am very unhappy with this company A T & T they tell you just a dollar a day and i have not even owned my phone for 1 month and they offer new phones to new customers for the holidays. I told the rep i was happy with my unlimited plan with t-mobile and got lured into 3gb which was gone in under a week. Now im stuck with a company im not happy with and a supervisor that did nothing. Not to mention these 2 phones were $269 each.  

• 

2 Messages

9 m ago

Why I have to pay $1100if I have the $800 off promotion program that means if I want to pay my balance for $300 I think it’s my decision to pay and when to pay why att need me to pay for 30 mo?  I should pay my $300 balance any time but att can do his promotion balance for 30mo . 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.3K Messages

9 m ago

@patzanunanu  it seems you did not read the promotional requirements in order to get $800 off your phone.

The trade in deal requires an unlimited data plan. Credits totaling 1/30 of $800 begin the third month after your purchase. In order to get the full $800 in credits you have to keep your installments active and keep service with AT&T on your plan for the full 30 months. 

All of this information was on the website.  Always read the fine print.

• 

2 Messages

9 m ago

I read and I know about how credit works but if I want to pay my $300 early why I need to wait 30 months. I just want to have my $300 pay off so I can sleep better

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.3K Messages

9 m ago

I think what you're saying is you wanted to make a down payment of $300 so that your bill for the phone every month was Zero. The only way to do that was to have made a $300 down payment on the phone which you cannot do after the fact.

If you wanted to make a down payment you should have done that upfront at the time you were making your purchase

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.