Need help understanding your bill?
Laurie40's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 21st, 2014 6:55 PM

Paperless billing scam.

I lost my phone a couple of days ago and contacted AT&T to cancel service while I order a new phone. Then I started getting "thank-you's" for signing up for paperless billing.  Went to online chat to have them reverse the paperless billing as I never requested it and of course they need to send me a "pin verification"..which is  difficult as I DON'T HAVE A PHONE? I managed to figure it out online while the chat agent looked for how to reverse it online.... however, the fact that I was enrolled without permission makes me wonder if the agents get bonus points for getting people to enroll?  That was 20 minutes of my time on chat I'll never get back trying to undo it. Had to vent..losing my phone was stressful enough didn't need someone changing my billing without my permission. Ugh.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Laurie40,

I'm very sorry for the issue with your billing and all the frustration it's caused. I really don't think it was done with any wrong intentions, could have been a mistake, but I'm glad to see that you were able to change your preferences back.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.