For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
apropes's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 5th, 2016 5:42 PM

Overcharges

I have been charged for a phone that was supposed to be a BOGO for 6 mths. They keep telling me they're working on it but I'm still forced to pay. The case was opened 3 mths ago. How can I get resolution, I'd rather just be done with AT&T!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Was the "free" phone on a new line?  In most cases the free phone isn't receiving credits because it didn't qualify for the promotion.

Either a new line wasn't added for the free phone, or qualified phones were not purchased.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @apropes,

Have you ensured you met all the requirements for the BOGO? The BOGO from about 6 months ago that I'm aware of is the Galaxy S7 BOGO, with the following requirements:

• Both phones must be on Next
  • The first phone can be a new line or an upgrade
  • The second line must be a new line on Next 24 (30 monthly payments)
  • Both lines must be on a qualifed plan, such as a Mobile Share Value Plan (I'm guessing Advantage plans also qualify if one has switched to that)
  • It takes up to 3 bill cycles for the credits to start, you pay until then (you're past that of course)
  • Pay the tax up front (done of course)

If you met all of those requirements and you've been working with customer care multiple times and you haven't managed to get a resolution, I would reach out to @ATTMobilityCare (click the username to open a pre-addressed private message). Provide them your account info, details of what's going on, and contact information. They should reach back out to you within a few days.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

..and both phones had to be the same brand.  Mixing an iPhone with a Samsung for example would not qualify.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 Thanks for the extra info, Liz! The press release I was reading didn't mention that. But that may have been since it was a Samsung only BOGO press release. It just mentioned being able to get the S7 edge as well, but paying the difference basically.

Justin

If this solved your problem, please consider accepting this as the solution so that it can help others in the future. Please remember that this is a customer forum and all of the answers we provide are through our own research, experience, or personal knowledge.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@jt212s. Since you were reading the S7 and S7 edge addition to the BOGO, I don't think it mentioned the brand requirement.  

Picking through these offers its pretty easy to see where mistakes might be made.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have been having the same issue from the BOGO offer in March on the S7. I just had an hour long conversation with an AT&T rep that told me that I had to wait up to 2 more months for the marketing department to add the code to my account to credit me what I have been forced to over pay. At this point AT&T owes me $240 and is going to continue to overcharge me by $39.25 each billing cycle until they get around to resolving the issue. I am beyond annoyed with the lack of customer service.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

As luck would have it I saved the March BOGO for the S7 phones.  

I'm not sure if your bought 4 phones and expect credit on 2, or if you misunderstand the offer.

If you followed ever requirement of the BOGO offer you would have automatically have got the credits in 2-3 bill cycles.  I suspect the offer below was not followed.

image.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 AT&T has acknowledged that I did qualify for the BOGO offer and has elevated my "urgent" issue since the beginning of August. I am now getting ready to pay my October bill and there is still no credit. When I called again tonight, I was told that they had to wait on the Marketing department to issue the correct codes so that my account could be credited the back amounto. When I questioned the ETA on getting that done, I was told that it could take up to 8 more weeks. Same thing I was told in August. My patience is gone with AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

I know that's what they told you.  My point is, if the offer had been right it wouldn't need to be jammed in to the system months later.  If you review the published offer you may see differences in the offer that don't match your expectations.

You mention being over charged $39.25 each month.  Which none of my math can reconcile.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.