Need help understanding your bill?
Codywright464's profile

• 

8 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2022 4:54 AM

Closed

OVER CHARGE

I’ve been a customer for about 4 years and every year around the same time my bill doubles or triples and it happens constantly. EVERY associate I’ve talked to in person or on the phones says the same thing “i have no clue why this would be happening” then it goes away but comes back a few months later. Within the past 14 months I’ve added up almost 1250$ they’ve OVER charged me for no reason. The double charging happens a few months before Christmas too and that hurts my family.

I’ve almost had to get a loan to keep up on nonsense charges. My bill is 168 but I’m paying 400$ and no one can tell me what the extra 200$ is going for. 

On top of everything I’m a Walmart manager and applied for the benefits and yet to see anything! Actually the paperless and auto payment discount don’t work either! 

Lastly my husband has the EXACT same phone and the EXACT same plan and we have the EXACT same installment plans but my bill is $90 yet his is $40, but we have the EXACT same plan… 

this company is a modern day scam artist. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

2 months ago

Somehow I think you're in the wrong Forum because I think the first part of your rant is all about home internet and TV services. Your home internet and TV service bill goes up because you have all of the channels and all of the services and it goes up every year because your contract Runs Out. They can't actually make any money selling you AT&T internet and TV services for $168 a year. 

Have you actually read your phone bill? To see the details of why your phone line is 90 and his is 40. Attached to your phone line is likely the data plan.  You are probably on an older service plan which is set up a la carte with access for each line and the data plan as separate charges

AT&T's most recent phone plans are now simple pricing which means the data plan is not separate on the bill.   However switching to the current plans is not going to lower your bill it's just going to split the cost evenly rather than having the data plan separately applied to the account.    

This is how much each line would cost you on the new mix plans... 

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Nope just a mobile phone bill.

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

And they just updated my phone plan 3 weeks ago to the new and updated one

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

And don’t act like i don’t know my phone bill! I have detailed bills and having to contact a lawyer to help my go through everything 

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I added all the tags so everyone would see what this awful company is doing and that they need to keep an eye on bills during Christmas! 

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

News headlines won’t look good for this company 

“Is your phone bill doubling before holidays?!”

”Could you be paying hundreds in fraudulent charges on a phone bill” 

“Could your Christmas saving be cut in half because of this major phone carrier?”

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

And formalyknownas (you spelt formally wrong btw) I’ve had multiple actual ATT employees tell me they have no clue why my bill would be doing this and can’t find any extra charges. 

So checkmate 

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Formalyknownas you don’t have anything else to say?! Yea that’s what i thought! 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

2 months ago

Please stop marking your replies as accepted solutions. Since you are talking about just a phone bill, it should be obvious what is causing the spikes since all charges are listed on each and every bill. If you have charges on any bill that you don’t know what they are for and support can’t tell you what they are for either, it’s time to quit calling and escalate to corporate by filing FCC or BBB complaint. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.