Need help understanding your bill?
Daniel18z's profile

1 Message

Thursday, February 29th, 2024 12:29 PM

Outside of the US, cannot access account

Hello,

I am trying to access my AT&T account, when I try to log in I am asked for two factor authentication via text message. I am currently outside of the US and unable to receive text messages. Is there another way for me to be able to access my account, perhaps authenticating via email?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 months ago

Are you post paid or prepaid and what country are you currently in?  When I travel with post paid I can receive text messages which are free when I have my phone configured for travel.  I usually purchase a local SIM and use WiFi calling back to the US and text messages queued are delivered within 72 hours. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

Nope.  

Try a US VPN.  It's not unusual for AT&T to block service from an IP address, outside the USA.  

Unless you are prepaid, (or your phone is completely incompatible with local service) you should be able to receive a text message. 

Did you suspend service before leaving the USA? Have you not paid service and service has been suspended involuntarily?   Have you received notification that your account has been disconnected AKA canceled?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.