Need help understanding your bill?
Mohammaddames's profile

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2023 7:59 AM

Opening my voice

I bought a phone from a person, and he did not tell me that he had a phone on installments, and I cannot use his SIM card. I am outside America, please help

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

8 months ago

Unfortunately there's nothing anyone can do. The phone has to be paid off in order to be unlocked.   The person that sold or gave it to you knows this. Which means it's very likely you got scammed and were sold a stolen phone or a phone from my account that has been defaulted on.

You can try to get your money back from the person. But AT&t cannot get involved and can't do anything. You are not their customer

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

But I'm not guilty, I just want my phone's SIM unlocked so I can use it

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

8 months ago

This has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. The phone does not belong to you. The person that sold it to you had no right to do so if they did not own it.  The phone is permanently tied to whoever originally purchased it and did not pay it off.  And because it is not paid off AT&t will not unlock it. Again you got scammed. Contact the person who sold you a phone that they had no right to sell.

By the way selling stolen goods is a crime. If it was stolen the person that sold it to you committed a crime. Receiving stolen goods is also a crime. If you knowingly received something that you knew did not belong to the person that sold it to you then you did commit a crime.

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

I want to unlock a SIM card, can you help me?

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

8 months ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

Your problem is a carrier locked phone which isn't paid off. Not a locked SIM card. No one can help you.

Maybe if I write you got scammed in bigger letters?

You got scammed

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

How do I write that I was deceived, but capital letters?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

8 months ago

You got deceived BY THE SELLER.  

AT&T cannot help you.  AT&T did not sell you the phone.  You bought a phone that is theoretically still owned by AT&T.  Unfortunately only the original owner can pay off the installments and call it theirs.  Until that happens, the phone is locked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.