Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 2:11 AM

Ongoing Billing Issue

Hello,

Did the BOGO deal in June, 2018. It is now 2020 and we’ve had to call AT&T every month since July, 2018 to issue the credit for the BOGO deal every month. Had to call again tonight. It is the same problem and we cannot understand why AT&T cannot fix this issue. Every month we get the bill and it says that we have a credit but the credited amount never gets deducted from the bill. It is only deducted when we call them. How annoying and time consuming. We have been customers with AT&T for about 18-20 years. Now, we’re counting down the time to when we can BREAK UP with them. Seriously, maybe it’s time. Don’t think we’ll ever do a BOGO deal again with AT&T.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

Every month we get the bill and it says that we have a credit but the credited amount never gets deducted from the bill.

Is the amount deducted on a date just after the date your bill is produced? Which means it woukd show on the next bill? Are they actually doing anything?

Your bill may be produced on a date, and the credit arrive the next day. Is that maybe whats happening every month?

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

My bill is issued on the 6th of the month. When I called yesterday, I had already paid the December bill and the January bill was issued on the 6th. No credit was issued for either bill until I called yesterday so the Rep gave a credit for both months. It has been this way since the beginning, even though it should happen the way you said.

According to the Rep, the bill states the credit but it is just not acctually being deducted.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

Thank you for clarifying that. And that is truly bizarre.

File a Better Business Bureau complaint online. Your complaint will be kicked up to AT&T upper management and they will take a look at what's going on. If they can't fix it nobody can

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Thanks. I will try that. I was also thinking before to file a complaint with the Attorney General or the FCC.

• 

4 Messages

Seems extreme.

AG/FCC would probably be the least effective avenue.

• 

4 Messages

Used AG in the past for a different issue. They were very good with F/U and making sure other party responds. Don’t really know about FCC but they usually monitor these companies. But I can say it’s just as extreme that it’s been a year and half and they still cannot solve this problem. How much are we supposed to be? We’ve spoken to a Supervisor a few times and all they do is promise to fix this issue but next bill - the same thing. We have to call them every month.