Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
Devon0318's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thu, May 22, 2014 6:13 PM

Not happy with At&t next

So, my wife and I had the option to switch to At&t next installment back in January. We both got Galaxy phones, We thought it was going to be a better deal. well turns out our bill is extreamly higher.

It ranges from 170.00 to about 200.00 . This is crazy for both of us. it's only us two on the plan. 

we really want out, but my wife read you have to pay the remaining balance on the phones.

which is going to be not even worth it. When we had a 2 year contract with iphones 4s's we never had this high of a bill. We feel we are being over charged. Can't we just turn in the phones and be done with it?.

If we can get out of this. We Want Out. 

loganic

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

8 y مضت

I personally, usually dont end up reccomending AT&T Next or the new plans until after I've had a chance to review the usage and compare it to what you've been paying.

Why is there so much fluctuation? Was it because of a plan change or something else?

How much of your data do you really normally use?

How does your bill breakdown?

eg

MSV 10gb $100

smartphone $40 x2

Discount $25 x2

Cost per phone $25 x2

That particular options would bill $180 + tax, although granted 10gb is a lot of data for 2 people

If you're trying to stay on a budget, something like 2gb would end up being about $140

-Alex

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 y مضت

We only have the 1 Gb.

I can't believe how high it is.

loganic

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

8 y مضت

AT&T recently created a revised version of the 1gb plan, so you may have an opportunity to save just based of that.

If you ever need to double check what the billing should look like, feel free to confirm our numbers at www.myattrpc.com

the old 1gb used to charged $40 for the data, but the new one charges only $25.

So it might look like

$25 + $40 (phone) -$15 discount + $40 (phone) - $15 discount, + whatever the costs of the phones are

so it comes out . . .  $75 + your phones.

There's a pretty big discrepancy somewhere that's pushing your bill so high.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 y مضت

That makes sense!. oh also, my wife wanted me to ask. If we were to cancel AT&T Next service, could we set up a payment for the phones?
wingrider01

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

8 y مضت

@Devon0318 wrote:
That makes sense!. oh also, my wife wanted me to ask. If we were to cancel AT&T Next service, could we set up a payment for the phones?

do not believe so you would be responsbile for the balance of the cost oft eh phone in a lump sum, one noce thing about the next plan, if you chose the next 12 you can upgrade every year as long as you can turn in the current phone in good and working condition

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 y مضت

The thing that gets me, the sales rep Never mentioned a huge jump in our bill. he never mentioned any "extra" charges at all. he acted like our bill would stay the same. with all sales ref you never get to see the contract anyways. You're pretty much signing on an ipad.

He just said "you"ll need a data package". so we picked what we thought was "$75" monthly.

ended up being $90. causing our bill to skyrocket.

we wished we had never done this....

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.9K Messages

8 y مضت

@Devon0318 wrote:

Next is the plan for buying the phones, not the service plan. In other words, you can't cancel Next. You can cancel the service anytime you want, but once you do that you will have to pay off the balance for the phones.

loganic

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

8 y مضت

There's only 2 optiosn for 'cancelling'  AT&T Next, ie the phone payment plan.

Return the phone within 14 days,, or request to pay it off, in one lump sum.

As sandblaster said, this is not synomous with stopping the services itself.

-Alex

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 y مضت

In the future I hope they find a better or more efficient and effective way to resolve issues for customers.  I've spent so much of my own time, money, and energy with problems and the only resolution is to pay you more money along with the money I'm already paying monthly for service.  I'm  considering switching carrier's because of this!  While the retention department resolved part of a problem by issuing me another phone.  You are still not accounting for all the facts and costs to me.  I am receiving a new phone, but at a high cost of my time and money as well. If I purchased a phone from you and an issue is caused by an update or something that I didn't or don't control. You should be responsible for upgrading my phone without charging me anything! If I billed you for my hourly rate of $65 an hour you would not appreciate it and refuse to pay! Yet I'm already paying you monthly, and I am now paying more for a problem with a phone that is not something I have control over?  So I'd appreciate it if you respect my time, money, and loyalty as a customer since 2002 and crediting my bill instead of charging it more for your support in resolving a problem caused by one of your phone providers mistake!  Getting a new phone will also require me to reinstall everything and takes more of my time, so while it helps in having a functional phone.  I already paid for that once! Now I'm paying again for an upgrade and that isn't an upgrade policy to already have purchased a 399$ phone, and then be forced to pay again.  That isn't an upgrade, that is buying a new phone, along with the new leasing option program, your company is just finding another way to make more off consumers. Switching to another carrier would be just as easy, and they will pay my contract separation fee also and give me a new phone free of charge! If you don't care about customer retention or how long someone has been with your company, continue to keep trying to get as much money as you can. Same thing that you did with trying to get people off your unlimited data plan, I'm grandfathered in, but I'm sure that you will find a way to get rid of those of us who have shown our loyalty and yet again received nothing. You offer new customers better offers to sign up then existing ones! That is crazy, and completly backwards treatment in my opinion. This is exactly why you are losing people to other providers that will appreciate customer loyalty!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.