Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
HabitatChris365's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Feb 13, 2018 4:56 AM

Nonprofit - 501(c)(3) Mobile Discounted Plans

Good evening:

My name is Christopher Hall and I work with habitat for Humanity of Fannin & GIlmer Counties. Verizon has a discount plan for nonprofits..well it's a Gov plan - Worst mistake i've ever made. My point of contact is barely reachable and never responds to emails. I've been trying to update myplan since December- Nothing accomplished. There's a long list of reasons of ready to drop Verizon, but I will digress and get off the soap box! 

Does At&t offer a nonprofit discount? We have been with Verizon for over a decade, I am relatively new (about 2 years in my role), and looking to save money wherever possible. Please be able to send more than a "Hi how are ya" as that is what I currently receive and they basically want me to type "Yes" without a contract, information or a detailed plan of service. Tired of dealing with unprofessionals. 

I appreciate your time and (hopefully) timely response.

-Chris

Responses

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

3 y ago

Most employers will provide you with a FAN (Foundation Account Number) if they participate in any kind of discount program. 

Additional information HERE

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Skeeterintexas:

I appreciate your answer. But unfortunately, doesn't answer my question.
I'm looking for a rep.

I have thank you for your time, and your quick response.

Take care,
-Chris

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

3 y ago

This is a peer-to-peer forum. 

Your can try sending a Private Message to ATTCares using this LINK  to inquire about the participation of a particular company, school, etc.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.6K Messages

3 y ago

@HabitatChris365 wrote:
Skeeterintexas:

I appreciate your answer. But unfortunately, doesn't answer my question.
I'm looking for a rep.

I have thank you for your time, and your quick response.

Take care,
-Chris

To clarify what @skeeterintexas in Texas said, if a discount is offered, you would need to ask your employer if they participate in such a program. 

As for speaking with a rep, you can call 800-331-0500 to reach AT&T wireless and someone will go over plans and pricing with you. Beware of any discounts they promise you that you aren't able to verify with your employer, and note that no discount (other than military) applies to unlimited plans. As always, do your due diligence and verify offers by looking at the website. Also, you will have 14 days to return phones if you aren't happy, so make sure you have coverage everywhere you need it during that time. If AT&T doesn't have coverage there now, it's unlikely to change any time soon, no matter what you might be told. 

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

3 y ago

I have and have heard others refer to their "FAN discount" so that part I am familiar with.  The discount was detailed in the employee handbook.  You must have that number when calling for an employee discount. 

In my case, we get a discount because AT&T is the wireless provider for the company.  Do they give discounts for non-profits just because?  That part I don't know.  The link I provided indicates that the FAN discount is through employer, school and "association".

Get started...

Ask a new question