For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kds4444's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, March 11th, 2019 9:12 AM

No way to contact AT&T by email

I have questions regarding my account.  I do not wish to call AT&T, and I don't feel like "chatting" with someone.  I want to send AT&T an email message that says, "Here is my problem, can you help me out?"  But there appears to be no way to do this. The "contact us" link ends up being a bit of a joke.  I take it there is no way to send an email to anyone who will read it.  Is this true??  If so, the business model needs to change.  I am old, and I don't like having to "switch it up" by using "chat live" or "call us" options.  I want to send an old-fashioned email.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

There is absolutely no option to email AT&T for customer service issues. That's why AT&T has provided plenty of other options. If you don't want to call or chat, you can't contact them. But this doesn't make sense:

I am old, and I don't like having to "switch it up" by using "chat live" or "call us" options.  I want to send an old-fashioned email.

Calling someone to talk about something is the oldest option available, next to snail mail. Email is not old-fashioned by any means.

And why wouldn't you want an immediate answer to your questions? I'm guessing what you really want is to tell AT&T your questions (more likely demands) and not have to argue about it. You just want someone to write back with the solutions. Sorry, not an option.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@kds4444  were all customers here we arent at&t we can answer questions but at&t does not have email support

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@kds4444 wrote:

That you don't see why it's a problem does not mean that it is not, in fact, a problem.  I don't want to explain my question regarding a specific issue in my personal account multiple times to multiple people in various chat sessions or phone calls.  I want to write down/ explain my question once, and allow that message to be forwarded to a person who can answer it.  The problem with chatting or phone calls is that unless your question is completely dealt with during that first call or chat, you will need to recreate that question de novo when you end up getting forwarded to someone else.  This is why I dislike it.  Yes, it is fast and convenient— for some things.  But not for all things, and not in this instance, and not for me.  It is great they have a phone contact number, and great that they have a chat option.  I don't understand why email, which is good for SOME things, in THIS instance, for ME, isn't available.  What if I was a stutterer or didn't know how to touch type?  An email option would still allow me to interact, to ask my question, and to not have to explain myself multiple times to multiple people.

None of that matters. Email customer support isn't an option. You can call or chat. 

Or ask your question here. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

I don't understand why email, which is good for SOME things, in THIS instance, for ME, isn't available.

These are your options. AT&T has customer support through phone, chat, retail stores, this forum (on a limited basis), Facebook, and Twitter. The fact that AT&T hasn't provided the one option that you personally would like is irrelevant. I'm sure a lot of people would like AT&T to provide customer support with bikini-clad models. Or by having customer service reps playing Fortnite to answer questions while customers blow things up.

The answer to "why doesn't AT&T have email support" is "because they don't" and there isn't another answer you'll be satisfied with. Either pick one of the options available or give up trying to solve your problem.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Rainbowdash_42 I'm not disputing the fact that email would be convenient for some customers, just like having an AT&T customer service rep show up to my house to help me would be convenient. My point is that email support is not an option with AT&T. We have to deal with the world as it is, not the world we wish it to be.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@kds4444 wrote:

I have questions regarding my account.  I do not wish to call AT&T, and I don't feel like "chatting" with someone.  I want to send AT&T an email message that says, "Here is my problem, can you help me out?"  But there appears to be no way to do this. The "contact us" link ends up being a bit of a joke.  I take it there is no way to send an email to anyone who will read it.  Is this true??  If so, the business model needs to change.  I am old, and I don't like having to "switch it up" by using "chat live" or "call us" options.  I want to send an old-fashioned email.

You can ask the questions here. If you give enough information, we can probably answer them. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Wow. That isn't a solution. That is an automated response to a question
that remains unanswered. Not helpful.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@kds4444 wrote:
Wow. That isn't a solution. That is an automated response to a question
that remains unanswered. Not helpful.

Your Question: "Is it true??" (that there is no way to send an email to anyone who will read it)

The very first thing @QuarryRye said, "There is absolutely no option to email AT&T for customer service issues"

Your question has been answered. Again, you can post the questions you want to email here and there's a good chance we can help or point you in the right direction of someone who can. 

Guru

• 

561 Messages

5 years ago

Just because you dislike an answer doesn't mean it's incorrect.

I know plenty of older people who have no problem using chat. I don't see why a phone call would be a problem either.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

That you don't see why it's a problem does not mean that it is not, in fact, a problem.  I don't want to explain my question regarding a specific issue in my personal account multiple times to multiple people in various chat sessions or phone calls.  I want to write down/ explain my question once, and allow that message to be forwarded to a person who can answer it.  The problem with chatting or phone calls is that unless your question is completely dealt with during that first call or chat, you will need to recreate that question de novo when you end up getting forwarded to someone else.  This is why I dislike it.  Yes, it is fast and convenient— for some things.  But not for all things, and not in this instance, and not for me.  It is great they have a phone contact number, and great that they have a chat option.  I don't understand why email, which is good for SOME things, in THIS instance, for ME, isn't available.  What if I was a stutterer or didn't know how to touch type?  An email option would still allow me to interact, to ask my question, and to not have to explain myself multiple times to multiple people.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.