Help for account, billing & more
Marc01564's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, May 27, 2017 3:20 AM

No Credit for iphone 7 trade in offer

I am  very disappointed with AT&T .   Certainly, I will tell all my friends to stay away with AT&T scam. 

In Sept -2016, AT&T surfaced a promotion, "customers who trades in their Iphone 6, Iphone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus that's in working condition they can get an iPhone 7 32 GB free after $650 in monthly bill credits." 

This is the program. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

So, in September,  when offer was active, I purchased the iphone 7.  I sent back my old iphone 6 to ATT using the provided labels.    I was told that I would receive 30 credits of  $21.67 2-3 billing cycles.

Starting in January 2017, and each month since then, I have called and chatted with customer support again and described my issue again. After several hours on phone with 4 difference persons, initially they were fighting with me saying we didn't have such promotion even I was giving them a link, at-last customer support representative acknowledged the issue again and created new case ticket and assured me that this will be resolved.  Again today, I was told that yet another ticket was assigned to this case.   At least three times in the various chats they have claimed that they never got the phone returned (even though I used their postpaid label).  Now they are checking the warehouse to see if my phone was ever returned.  

Now they are saying it is another 1-2 billing cycles before this is resolved.  Each chat or call seems to last 45 minutes to an hour and I have called at least a dozen times.  This is not how loyal customers should be treated.   Can I please have this fixed and my account credited.  Thank you.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

5 y ago

@Marc01564 What date is September did you buy the phone?

What date did you return the old phone?

Where/how did you get the "provided labels"?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for your help.  I had to answer those same questions dozen upon dozen of times.  I finally got a solution by contacting the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint.   The next day, a very help  ATT rep contacted me and provided a full refund.    My suggestion for anyone in this mess is to stop calling customer service (who was no help) and file a complaint with BBB.

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/telephone-companies/atandt-in-atlanta-ga-7935/reviews-and-complaints

ACE - Sage

• 

92.1K Messages

5 y ago

@Marc01564   Thanks for the update.  Glad it worked out for you.  

Filing a complaint only works when it's valid.  

Some have reported BBB is "useless".  But were also told by the forum they had no basis to complain as they didn't meet qualifications.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.