Need help understanding your bill?
harryspar's profile

Guru

• 

552 Messages

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 9:44 AM

New Admin Fee?

I hear everyone is getting a brand new fee, called the "MOBILITY ADMINISTRATIVE FEE".

What is it, how much is it, and what is it for?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Yup, AT&T has imposed a loop-hole to generate more revenue without increasing published rates.  Quite deceptive.   From a summary regarding a recent Consumer Report poll...

Consumer Reports polled some 63,000 U.S. wireless subscribers for their thoughts on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless. The pollees gave Verizon top marks for voice quality and customer service. Sprint's network and customer support earned it second-place honors, while T-Mobile rated third and AT&T ranked dead last for the third year in a row.

As soon as contract expires, I will move from AT&T to Verizon, without even looking back.

Wouldn't it be shocking to discover someone from AT&T is actually reading these consumer complaints, and doing something about them.  That would be quite shocking!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Truthful wrote:

Yup, AT&T has imposed a loop-hole to generate more revenue without increasing published rates.  Quite deceptive.   From a summary regarding a recent Consumer Report poll...

Consumer Reports polled some 63,000 U.S. wireless subscribers for their thoughts on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless. The pollees gave Verizon top marks for voice quality and customer service. Sprint's network and customer support earned it second-place honors, while T-Mobile rated third and AT&T ranked dead last for the third year in a row.

As soon as contract expires, I will move from AT&T to Verizon, without even looking back.

Wouldn't it be shocking to discover someone from AT&T is actually reading these consumer complaints, and doing something about them.  That would be quite shocking!

CR - 63,000 wireless subscribers with no qualification on restricting the survey to those people that actually are true subscribers to any service - /rofl standard for that rag, totally unvalidated survery that they push out just to show how "unbiased" and "accurate" they reports are. what a joke. Do a little research on just how "accurate" and "unbiased" they are and you might be surprised on how often they are proven wrong. Reminds me of the BBB, where you can raise your score with them if you decide to pay for a membership, again this was reported on a few creditable reporting organizations of the 5th estate.

Good luck with verizion and expect to pay a higher fee for this then what ATT is charging, you won't get away from it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

It's ok in my effort to inflict some pain back to AT&T - I went back to paper billing - Wanna soak me for $0.61 cents per phone? Then start sending me my paper bill again...

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@respawn22 wrote:

It's ok in my effort to inflict some pain back to AT&T - I went back to paper billing - Wanna soak me for $0.61 cents per phone? Then start sending me my paper bill again...

like any large company they get bulk discount on postage, you will will probably cost about 32 - 35 cents a month to handle so hope that will be sufficient for you. Now it would be different if you had detailed billing, but they charge additonal for that

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Well if you figure at $0.61 per phone minus the 35 cents - half the profit - not to mention if everyone done it, they'd have to hire more people to staff the print and insert operation. Either way it's less profit for these arseholes...

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@respawn22 wrote:
Well if you figure at $0.61 per phone minus the 35 cents - half the profit - not to mention if everyone done it, they'd have to hire more people to staff the print and insert operation. Either way it's less profit for these arseholes...

All done by machines, like most companies that deal in bulk bill mailing they probably farm it out to companies that specialize in this type of function, from start to finish the omnly time a human is involded in the process is to press start to the process press. Maybe a few cents of difference but that is it.

Bulk mail has not been had printed or stuffed for about 14 years

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm guess I'm not really surprised by the general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents. Also, I'm amused by so many quoting what att says, or c/s says, which is of course irrelevant to what either a court or arbitrator will decide, ie they will read by the terms of the contract.

As one blog said, att is giving customers the 30 day notice of a rate increase, thus they are acting like it's a rate increase. What the old expression, if it quacks and walks like a duck, it must be a duck. How many of you live in areas where sales tax or 911 charges have either changed or been added. Has att ever sent you a 30 notice of such an increase?--- no, as that is beyond their control, mandated by law, and is the exception noted in att's t&c.

So, when there is a material change (and most folks think this is simply a monetary amount, ie money, it ain't), one of the legal terms to fix the issue is called remedy, ie what it takes to make all parties equal again.

What att's is doing, if pushed far enough, is to issue a credit of some amount, which negates the price increase, er administrative fee, so that in most cases would preclude a free etf.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@planeplane wrote:
I'm guess I'm not really surprised by the general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents. Also, I'm amused by so many quoting what att says, or c/s says, which is of course irrelevant to what either a court or arbitrator will decide, ie they will read by the terms of the contract.

As one blog said, att is giving customers the 30 day notice of a rate increase, thus they are acting like it's a rate increase. What the old expression, if it quacks and walks like a duck, it must be a duck. How many of you live in areas where sales tax or 911 charges have either changed or been added. Has att ever sent you a 30 notice of such an increase?--- no, as that is beyond their control, mandated by law, and is the exception noted in att's t&c.

So, when there is a material change (and most folks think this is simply a monetary amount, ie money, it ain't), one of the legal terms to fix the issue is called remedy, ie what it takes to make all parties equal again.

What att's is doing, if pushed far enough, is to issue a credit of some amount, which negates the price increase, er administrative fee, so that in most cases would preclude a free etf.

Funny, have not seen this "rate incease" notification, got a copy of it? Come on supply validated physical documentation for what you claim, not just some hearsay of what was posted by someone on a blog.  As fars as "general lack of knowledge as to what a contract represents" if I don;t understand it, I pay professionals a large salary for the year to make sure that they explain it to me.

Bottom line provide the proof of these "notices"

Guru

• 

552 Messages

11 years ago

It's on everyone's latest bill, you're the only one who hasn't seen it and nobody feels the need to prove it to you.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
It's on everyone's latest bill, you're the only one who hasn't seen it and nobody feels the need to prove it to you.

seen it on all the family plan bills and the corporate plan that I have - if you read it again I am asking for proof of the "notification". Then again I understand the simple fact of doing the cost of business and have passed increases on to my customers for the last 4 decades.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.