Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
K

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jan 1, 2020 6:30 AM

Need resolution for billing and I can't get it over the phone

I tried to email to an email address given by ATT chat agent....but email didn't exist, bounced back. Following is the email:

(Removed personal information)

Sat, Dec 28, 3:23 PM (3 days ago)

to ATTSupportTeam

Hello,

I am emailing to find resolution with ongoing issues for the last 3 months. Please check the records on my account where I have called at least 3-4 time at a minimum of an hour each on the phone to rectify the situation.

I don't want to call. I have to start at square one and explain over and over the situation...and again at an hour a pop....we should be dating. If you will please look into the problems and call me back....greatly appreciated, with an answer or confirmation it's fixed....fantastic....pop the cork we are celebrating!

I don't have exact dates on hand but here is a run down of what's UP:

Mid October - called to have my mom's phone transferred to my bill. Her phone number is (Phone number masked) - Janet Pempek.

Should have added about 20 dollars to my bill and the rate would be around 80 bucks a month or so and we're moving on with our lives.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED: Some random phone number from who knows who was transferred to my account and I'm being billed for that person's phone.

First call - hour to get this thing transferred and then - wrong transfer number.

2nd Call - advising ATT wrong number transferred - please fix and transfer right number and credit any charges that are not mine.

3rd Call - Charges incorrect because of random persons phone being on my account.

4th - RIGHT NOW - me emailing because - billing is incorrect again and it does not appear to be going away.

Paid my bill minus credit being due to me, but still appears wrong charges coming thru.

As I look at the bill I don't even know what is happening...I'm completely at my wits end. Am I wrong in that when you add an additional line to your account it's only about 20 dollars + whatever taxes....you've got 99.00 on her phone number. Her account was paid in full before transferring. I shouldn't be getting any prorated anything since October.

This other person's account (Removed personal information) is still on my account even though it's a credit, but there should be more credit from the last billing.

It's a mess....and I'm very upset over this. This is simple, please fix it. Let me know what to expect and let's move on. You may contact me with answers at (Phone number masked). I have been a customer for over 20 years....my son's name is still on this account that I have bought and paid for since he was 15 - he's 36....and left ATT a few years ago. I tried to change that to...but...nothing. The statement comes in my name but I can't get his name off the online account.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39.2K Messages

6 months ago

If you don’t want to call or chat, file an FCC or BBB complaint. This forum is not customer support. You won’t get your billing mess resolved here either.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

6 months ago

I think part of the reason you're not getting competent service is your leaving out important information . Based on the details of your post, it looks like you were transferring an AT&T prepaid number onto your postpaid service? If that is not what you are doing then please explain better what you are doing to the next AT&T customer support person you speak with.

There is a different method for moving a prepaid number to a postpaid account. Within AT&T it is done in a company store.

If you are porting her number from a different carrier, a temporary number is given, you have to complete port with her account number and Pin code. Fees may apply!

The amount you are billed for her line, depends on the plan you are on.

There were a couple of plans where the line access was $20 plus taxes and fees. None of the current unlimited plans have $20 line access. What is the name of your plan - its on your bill.

You say your son's name is still on the account. Are you still paying for a line of service because he did not take his phone number when he left? In order to cancel a line you are not using you have to call AT&T and specifically asked them to cancel that line.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question