For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
cmpage's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 21st, 2016 3:47 PM

Need help with my suspended account

Hi, Offered to pay all I could right now (about 1/2 of what is owed unbenounced to me as none of the warnings came to me) but ATT will not restore service untill full pay of past dues even if I give the hardship temporary family constraints we face. We've been customers for many years. Here is a transcript of my chat. I need help and compassion. I am really at a loss. so many I depend on and that depend on me on my phone at ***** Can you help? What can I do to let ATT take my hafl payment for a few days of restored service until my husbands next pay check Jan 30 when we will pay the rest in full????? Christiane (cmpage) ___________________________________________________________ Transcript Reference Number: ***** DATE/TIME: 2016-01-21 06:03:22 Your chat transcript: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted. AT&T : Thank you for using AT&T Chat Services. May I please have a moment to review your reason for chat today? Christiane : Hello, We are a family of 6 with 5 phones on account ***** under my husband’s name Dennis *****. Undenounced to me our phone bill is passed dues 2 payments. As you can see our services have been suspended. We had a number of family emergencies last month—our home computer died completely, and breaks and other suspension issues on a car had to be taken care of. Like most large families we have a lot of bills. With four kids, we do our best but live pay-check to pay check on one salary. I didn’t realize my husband had not been able to pay last cycle and now we are completely cut off from everything and the kids have no phone services and ride city buses. I can’t call school, carpools, emergencies, etc. We will not have the full $xxx.70 amount dues until later next week. I tried to pay a partial on payexpress but your system can’t let me (only the full amount). In the mean time I have left $60 in my husband account and moved the rest of all cash we have for the next 10 days in my account. There is $xxx there. Can we pay that much and have our phones restored and pay the balance next week when my husband gets paid? We would be very very greatful… Christiane Jessica E. : I see that you have described your concern. Please give me a moment to review, so I am able to assist you. Christiane : thank you Jessica E. : You are very welcome. Christiane : I am trying to get our service back on and will try anything you suggest Jessica E. : I can certainly understand your frustration. Jessica E. : Please give me a minute or two to review your account. Christiane : Ok. Thank you. Jessica E. : I understand that an interruption of service is upsetting. Please give me another moment to review your account to see what I can recommend. Christiane : please and thanks Jessica E. : You are very welcome. Christiane : while you review Jessica E. : Ma'am? Christiane : yes? Jessica E. : I was making sure that I did not lose you as the above statement did not seem completed. Christiane : ok. Thanks for double checking on me. I have no other mode of contact so I am jus at my laptop while you review. Thanks Jessica E. : I understand completely. Christiane : great Jessica E. : Thank you for patiently waiting.Christiane, I was able to speak with my management to see what options we may have available to restore services. I was advised that as the account is now fully suspended in order to restore services the total past due balance of the $666.06 is required to post to the account. Christiane : But that is what I can't do. I only have $xxx now and no more for the next ten days. Can you restore conditionally for 10 days is I pay att the $xxx I do have? We are in serous hardship and we've been ATT customers for a long time. Christiane : I may have $xxx on anoth credit card, but my card is nearly maxed out. That is it Christiane : Maybe because of the account set-up, but I had zero warning that the phne service was about to be suspended Christiane : Can you please talk to them some more? Jessica E. : I do completely understand how important it is to hjave the account active. I myself, also have children. I show that we were calling and texting *****. Christiane : I think that's my son's account. He would have no clue to tell us Christiane : The main account holder is my hasband Dennis at *****. Why would calls and text reminders not go to him? Christiane : Or to me, at *****... we've had to numbers for years Christiane : Sorry Dennis is ***** Jessica E. : I show that the 5694 line has been the primary contact number for quite sometime. Jessica E. : It is possible that this was a mistake. Christiane : Yes that's a mistake Jessica E. : I do show that it was changed via the website. Christiane : if is was, that was also a mistake Jessica E. : *****-Is this the correct email still? Christiane : not really. It's ***** the other once you typed in is no longer in use Jessica E. : Okay he will need to contact us to make that change. Jessica E. : What about the billing address? *****? Christiane : that's correct. the reason you may have ***** may have to do with the in store time we added him to our account about 4 years ago Christiane : My 16 year old son is what I mean Christiane : I will make sure Dennis contact you about the email address Jessica E. : That would be wonderful so that we can make sure you are getting the notices that are being sent out. Jessica E. : Christiane, I have provided the only option available at this time, would you like to confirm this with my supervisor? Christiane : yes please Jessica E. : Absolutely, please allow me just a moment to initiate the transfer okay? Christiane : thank you and if you could have him or her read the conversation I would appreciate it. I am trying to negociate a partial solution. We are really stuck anf I am not sure what else to do at this point. I am hopeing for some flexibility and compassion since we've been customers for many years. Jessica E. : I totally understand and will send enough information so that they know what is going on with this situation. Christiane : thank you Jessica E. : Not a problem! Jessica E. : It has been a pleasure chatting with you today. AT&T appreciates your business. Have a wonderful day! MST Julie H. : Hi Christiane, thank you for patiently waiting. I am the Manager of Jessica and I understand that you requested to speak to me with regard to the account. MST Julie H. : I understand you are needing services restored. Please, allow me a moment to access and review the account for available options. Christiane : yes. Thank you for taking my chat. I don't know if you see my described situation but we have hit some financial hardship in the last couple of mouths and since we had to make hard bill and tuition payment and mortgage choises, we fell behind on the phone plan MST Julie H. : Please give me a minute or two to review your account. Christiane : And it's no excuse on my part, but with 24/7 family and work work, I was not aware. The messages were going to my son. Christiane : Thanks for reviewing MST Julie H. : You are very welcome. MST Julie H. : Thank you for your patience, Christiane. I have reviewed the account and due to it suspending for non payment, the full past due balance must post to restore the services. MST Julie H. : The account will restore once a payment of $666.06 has posted to the account. MST Julie H. : Are you able to make a payment today? Christiane : I realize that, but we only have xxx and maybe xxx$ to put on the bill. And that will realy be extreme hardship. Dennis does not get paid again untilmthe end of the month. Christiane : No I can only pay $xxx from my debit, which will leave us exactly $60 for grocceries for the 6 of us for the next 10 days MST Julie H. : I understand. The account has not had a payment since 10/30/15. The full balance would need to post to restore. Once the payment has posted the account will restore immediately. Christiane : I can max out the only credit card we have left for an addtional $xxx so total $xxx MST Julie H. : You can definitely make the $300 payment today which will make it easier to pay the full past due balance sooner. Once it posts in full the services will resume. We are not able to restore the account without the full payment. Christiane : Yes I tried to explain to Jessica that I did not know that because the reminders were sent to my son and my husband never told me he had not paid since the date you mention probably because with the computer breaking and the breaks on the car needed replaced, he either didn't know what to do or didn't want me to freak out. Christiane : Is their not anything we can do? Some partial 10 day restoration until he get paind if I pay some today? Christiane : My aging mother, the 4 kids car pools, their schools, ect. I am in deed trouble MST Julie H. : I understand it can be difficult when unexpected expenses happen. I am sorry we do not have an exception to restore with a partial payment. Christiane : I don't know what to say. What do you suggest? MST Julie H. : If you post the $300 today then you would only have half the balance remaining. Once it posts the account will restore. MST Julie H. : Do you have any other concerns that I may assist you with? Christiane : It's a huge gamble for me to even pay partiallty so no, I can not pay anything if nothing is going to be restored. And I don't know what we are going to do when we are able to make the full payment end of next week. We will definitely pay what we owe, but this makes for a very strained customer relationship with AAT. Christiane : Can text with someone else? What I am supposed to do? MST Julie H. : I am the only manager available in chat at this time. You can chat back in a couple of hours if you would like to chat with a different manager. Christiane : How can I save this conversation? And is there a complaints department that I can chat with since I have no phone? Christiane : Can you give me the contact for your supervisor? I'll have to go a buy a disposible phone which is also not going to solve my problem at all MST Julie H. : You can e-mail it to yourself, there is an icon in the lower left hand side of the chat window. The complaint would need to be in writing and sent to AT&T Attn: Felecia ***** Christiane : OK Thanks for that. Can the complaint department be reached by email? MST Julie H. : I am sorry, we do not have an e-mail address for that department. MST Julie H. : Do you have any other concerns that I may assist you with? Christiane : Is there any person I can talk to with my phone as is? With no service I mean. Like a #611 type number that would still be connecting me to ATT while the service is suspended? what about 611? Would my phone still connect with 911? Christiane : or a bill pay number. I use to have those in my automatic ATT phne device contacts but I don't anymore MST Julie H. : Yes. you can reach AT&T by dialing 611 and 911 will go through as well. Christiane : ok. Thanks. Well this has been very depressing. I am completely distott and can not believe this inability to treat customers like the real flesh a bone suffering and loving human beings that we are. Have a good day MST Julie H. : Thank you for contacting us today and for using AT&T chat support. Christiane : Yea and I am trying 611 and it just loops me in the complete balance is due loop. I cant' talk to a person

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@iphoneguy86 wrote:

Mic Check I think you should read what you just wrote. “if they called in before the due date”. I think that’s important bc during an emergency your not necessarily calling in before the due date bc your in an emergency. Problem here is you operate off of black and white and not real world scenarios. I think your need a Mic check and a cup of coffee. 

If the emergency is after the due date, then your payment is already late. The emergency isn't what prevented you from paying on time. 

I don't operate off of anything. I'm just stating AT&T's policy which doesn't allow arrangements after the due date, which doesn't allow an account to be restored until everything due is paid. 

If it was up to me, I'd be inclined to give some leeway given certain circumstances. I suspect AT&T reps would do the same, which is likely why AT&T had to set up black-and-white guidelines.

• 

21 Messages

You can setup arrangements online , app or ivr ,24/7 after the due date , just not when its suspended for non payment. suspension based are off the accounts history. So good history =more time than terrible history. If you dont let the company know you are paying late , they have to assume you aint paying.

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

Oh is that right the emergency happened after the due date? How do you know that?

Your wrong.

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

Disregard what I said Mic check. Your alright. I’m coming off rude. I didn’t mean that towards you. Your not robotic like Liz. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1025834/

This link isn’t working on mobile...

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@iphoneguy86 wrote:

Oh is that right the emergency happened after the due date? How do you know that?

Your wrong.

Because you told us: " I think that’s important bc during an emergency your not necessarily calling in before the due date bc your in an emergency."

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@MicCheck

Careful, you just got off his naughty list!    I’m taking my robot for a walk.  Later!  🤖

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I received about 15 emails for replies today. there is no need to receive the same message that many times! Just so you know i’ve been done with this account for almost 3 months now, so there’s no need I’m done.Best wishes to you and yours.

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for letting me know-I wasn’t actually talking to you tho. Sorry for any confusion. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@MIXIE40  You can click on the 3 dots and unsubscribe to the thread to stop emails

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.