Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Need help understanding your bill?
JenniferKolar's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 6:38 PM

NEED HELP $434 for an Accidental Long Distance call to an International Travel Booking Service.

Hello my name is Jen,

I recently made a international call to Opodo costumer service flight re-scheduling hotline. Had NO IDEA that I was being charged long distance for this phone call, had NO CLUE. Bill has gone up to $434 and I cannot afford this overwhelming bill. Opodo was not able to help me with my flight so I lost $400 on the flight and also now Have $434 in phone bill for an hour phone call that was unsuccessful. need help dealing with this I have no other choice to plead my Case to AT&T and get help with this. Please help. 

I am a long time AT&T customer and am being totally honest about the situation. Please someone give me some assistance. 

Thank you

TROLLEDYOUSO

Guru

• 

561 Messages

4 years ago

You made the call. Why wouldn’t you be responsible for the cost?

I don’t even see how you can call this an “accident.”

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

4 years ago

@JenniferKolar wrote:

Hello my name is Jen,

I recently made a international call to Opodo costumer service flight re-scheduling hotline. Had NO IDEA that I was being charged long distance for this phone call, had NO CLUE. Bill has gone up to $434 and I cannot afford this overwhelming bill. Opodo was not able to help me with my flight so I lost $400 on the flight and also now Have $434 in phone bill for an hour phone call that was unsuccessful. need help dealing with this I have no other choice to plead my Case to AT&T and get help with this. Please help. 

I am a long time AT&T customer and am being totally honest about the situation. Please someone give me some assistance. 

Thank you

Opodo is a European travel agency; it's not reasonable to say that you didn't know calling them would be international from your US plan. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, you are responsible for the costs of long distance or roaming.  Accidental or not.  

If you ask real nice At&t may credit you something, but the bill is valid.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.