Need help understanding your bill?
Alexismy1's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 7:11 PM

My expiration date

My prepaid service always expires 2-3 days before my payday on the 1st. Why can't I get a grace period to the 1st so I don't lose my service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

5 years ago

Prepaid accounts go on a 30 day cycle so the service end date changes each month. It does not stay on the same day each month. There is no grace period on prepaid. Prepaid means you pay in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Alexismy1 wrote:
And I have repeatedly asked to have my experation be on the 3rd of each month with no response or effort to accommodate me.

🤦‍♀️   Not possible.  The plan must be refilled every 30 days.  Since January, February, March, May, July, August, October and December do not have 30 days, your refill date will shift.  

If you want the same date each month, you need to switch to postpaid service.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Alexismy1  You still aren’t getting it. You can’t keep your expiration date on the same day without losing service. As has already been explained, prepaid plans are 30 days. The expiration date is going to change in any month that does not have exactly 30 days. It is simply not possible to accommodate you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

So what am I to do every month when I don't get paid until the 1st of the
month?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Try a cheaper plan you can afford to refill every 30 days.  Cricket, straight talk, Consumer cellular, H2O are all At&t MVNO That cost less.  Locked At&t phones work on all.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I can afford this plan!! You should allow the expiration date when the
client asks for it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

We cant’t allow anything, we are all customers like you. Prepaid just doesn’t work that way, there are no extensions. As noted, prepaid plans are 30 days so the refill date changes in any month that does not have exactly 30 days. You pay for 30 days of service, you get 30 days of service. There are no extensions but there are no late fees either. You just don’t get service until you pay for it. Next pay day, put enough on your account to pay for two months. That should allow you to catch up so that you will have enough when needed. Just make sure you either refill or set aside enough to refill every pay day.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Alexismy1 wrote:
I can afford this plan!! You should allow the expiration date when the
client asks for it.

😂.   

Riiight.  

This is a customer populated forum, we aren’t in charge of how At&t does business.  Carriers apply the same rules for everyone. The one applied by all to prepaid is really simple - you pay before service will work.  

If you are living paycheck to paycheck, and can’t afford to refill every 30 days, then you cannot afford the plan.  It’s the definition of ‘can’t afford the plan’.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

And I have repeatedly asked to have my experation be on the 3rd of each month with no response or effort to accommodate me.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I get it! But the experation can be at least a week past the first, that way there's still money in my account to cover autopay. I'm not asking for a particular day. I know that will not work.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.