My billing is incorrect
- On August 15th, 2018 I decided to add a new line to my account and upgraded my device and I did this over the phone with a ATT representative. I did not ask for my plan to be changed, downgraded or to have 2 phones in different plans. Soon enough, I found out later that my plan was changed and whenever I access my account online it stated that my account was suspended. I couldn’t see my bill, therefore I paid blindly my first bill after the changes. Over 400 dollars which I believed it was wrong.
- My signal was very poorly since I made this change then after calling ATT the answer was the same: “you have a new plan, or you have 2 different plans.” Even though I didn’t agree on changing my plan. As soon as I realized that mistake was made I called ATT and asked them to fix it.
- My account was still not update it online. 2 weeks passed by, and nothing happened. I called one more time and they told me everything was updated and fixed, when I checked my account was not updated it yet.
- 7 hours at the AT&T STORE: On August 28th, 2018 After 10hr combined talking to ATT over the phone I decided to go to an ATT store located in Indianapolis, IN 46224, where the store Manager advised me that my SIM card was not activated correctly when I received my new devices. He dis-activated my working SIM card and was not able to activate a new SIM card to my new device and former number . I was in the store from 11 am to 7pm and nothing was resolved, he called technical support and was transfer over a couple time. Apparently, no one in ATT never deal or fix a problem like this before. A SOC code was linked to my former number and no one could delete that SOC code and that prevented the new sim card to be activated. Every time the store manager was transfer to a new AT&T expert we got the same answer over and over: “we have never seen a problem like this, let me transfer you to the proper department.” After 7 hours in the store, the manager asked the technical support to escalate this issue. That would of course take 24 hours.
- No phone line for 3 days: I was without line since 8/28/2018 to 8/30/2018. At that time, I was a contractor depending heavily on my phone. This issue makes me lost money and time.
- 8 hours online with ATT: on Friday 8/30/2018 from 7 am to 3pm and after being transfer over and over from one department to another, no one could fix this problem.
- A Solution (Apparently): on 8/30/2018 I went to the AT&T store and the only solution the store manager found was to change my number, which I have since 2013. He called again the ATT technical support and they provided him with the same answer, even though this issue was escalated, no one could fix this “first time ever seen issue.”
- 10/08/2018 The solution leads to another problem: since my number has been changed, AT&T took me out of the offer of Buy 1 Get the second free. Now they are charging me for $ 933 a full price of 1 phone. I called AT&T again, and after explaining what happened and the reason my number was changed the AT&T supervisor told me the following: “it’s your responsibility since you agreed on the promotion and you couldn’t do changes to that promotion” She kept repeating this. I explained to her that the situation was out my control. Moreover, it was out the AT&T control since no one could fix this problem. I went to the AT&T store and the manager sent an email to corporate to try to apply the offer to my new number. No answer on that yet.
- 10/10/2018 Problems with my Direct TV promotion: even though every time I talked to AT&T representatives I always asked them not to change anything in my Direct TV promotion, they did change my promotions. Every month I must call Direct TV and make the changes to my original price and promotion. Then on 10/09/2018 I checked my balance and there is was, another change instead of paying $ 42 my bill this month is$ 97. When I called again Direct TV they advised me that AT&T put a hold on my 25-dollar promotion and then that my address was change to my previous address, therefore my services had 2 addresses. I chatted online with an AT&T representative and when I asked why my address was changed she advised me that it was a technical error. They changed back to my current address where I live since 2014. They changed it back however I lost my promotion of 25 dollars off because this technical error
I spent more than 60 hours; between calls, chats, and visits to the store and no one has even contact me from AT&T to even try to give me an explanation on this. At the end, I am the one always losing with AT&T. I lost the plan that I have before adding a new line, lost my former number which I have since 2013, I lost at least $ 300 dollars since I couldn’t work those 3 days that I didn’t have my line working, I lost the Direct TV promotion and lost the good signal I used to have before. The signal in both devices is poor, it’s always 1 bar.
I really hope someone can contact me from AT&T and compensate somehow this. I felt like I was a value customer until this happened. This has been a true ordeal. [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]