We are aware of an outage currently impacting our Mobility users and are working to resolve it ASAP. For the latest info please visit our Service Outage Information page.
We apologize for this incovenience.
Need help understanding your bill?
Natilun's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 5:58 PM

Moving to Mexico Soon

Hello, I am planning on leaving the US and moving to Mexico for a minimum of 2 years in the late December of 2023. 

I currently have a contracted phone with 2 plans. I had recently changed from TMobile to ATT; and so, my two phone plans have only been paid 5/36 payments. By December, I'd still have only paid 14/36 payments. I understand I am under contract but I will not be living in the US longer than December 2023. 

I was hoping I may be able to cancel my plan and I am also willing to return the two devices if I am able to. And if there is any cancellation fee, I am wondering how much that might cost. I am also willing to change my service to Mexican ATT, though of course I am aware it is not the same as US ATT. 

I appreciate any help and support. I do have 9 months to prepare for my move but would like the answers now so that I don't have any extra stress during and after my move. Thank you.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.8K Messages

11 months ago

You cannot return the devices once the 14-day return window has closed. If you intend to cancel AT&T service you will have to pay off the remainder of the phone payments. If you participated in the trade-in deal, any future credits on the trade-in would be void when you cancel.

You may be able to continue to use your AT&T USA service in Mexico with your US number. Most of Mexico is covered and there is no restriction on how long you can use AT&T while roaming in Mexico or in Canada.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.