Need help understanding your bill?
andydev's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 9th, 2015 10:55 PM

Moving from AT&T prepay to AT&T postpay

I went yesterday to an AT&T store to switch my prepay account to a postpay account (with my own phone).

The representative (and his manager), told me that since my SSN has the closure “Valid for work only” I will need to pay a $500 deposit (even though I have good credit score…)

The odd part, is that I need to pay the deposit only if I transfer the account. If I create a new postpay account (and in the process get a new phone number…), I can avoid the deposit. It does not makes sense (and the manager agreed with me...)

Can anyone help me or knows what needs to be done to resolve this?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Can anyone help?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @andydev Thank you for posting!

As far as I know, credit checks and deposits can not be overwritten, and the process of eligibility process is proprietary. It's off however that the result is different based on how you're trying to set up the account, I've never had this kind of situation. Our team will be happy to review your account and requests and help with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

This has been resolved by going to different store and talking to another agent.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.