Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 10, 2019 12:46 PM

Monthly Access Charge?

New customer, and I see a previously-undisclosed-to-me charge for "Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/VVM" that is separate from my actual plan charge for "AT&T Unlimited &More(SM) One Line" for almost the same amount charged as my plan. 

One simple question, is this a one-time fee at sign up, or a monthly recurring charge?

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

a year ago

You pay a plan fee and a line fee every month.  ATT gives you the full price on the site they just split it up for you.  This does make taxes a little cheaper by doing it the way they do.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a year ago

@MShaffer wrote:

New customer, and I see a previously-undisclosed-to-me charge for "Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/VVM" that is separate from my actual plan charge for "AT&T Unlimited &More(SM) One Line" for almost the same amount charged as my plan. 

One simple question, is this a one-time fee at sign up, or a monthly recurring charge?

The cost of the ‘unlimited and more’ single line plan is $70 with the paperless and auto pay discount https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

AT&T prices are ala’carte, so your plan is priced as DATA + LINE ACCESS - DISCOUNT = $70

It does not matter how At&t gets to $70.  

Copied:  “AT&T UNLIMITED &MORE℠ PLAN: Monthly plan charge for unlimited talk, text and data ($45 for single line; $75 multi-line) & monthly per-device access charges for access to such services apply.”  Pricing: Monthly plan charge for unlimited talk, text and data & per-device access charges for access to such services ($35 phone; $20 tablet, camera or Connected Car; $25 Harman Spark and $10 wearable) apply. Pricing shown in chart above is net of AutoPay & Paperless bill discount and Multi-line discount. AutoPay & Paperless Bill Discount: Monthly discount off plan charge ($10 for single lines plans & $20 for multi-line plans) when active & enrolled in both Discount starts w/in 2 bill cycles. Pay full plan cost (up to $110/mo.) plus per device access charges until discount starts.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.2K Messages

a year ago

@MShaffer wrote:

Paying for the Unlimited & More is great, but it doesn't do any good if you can't access it, does it? You pay to access it, and if you want to add more people, they would just pay the access fee to access the Unlimited & More (though not "One Line" of course)

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a year ago

Let’s not muddy the waters.  

Unlimited and more single line after discount for paperless and auto pay is $70.  

45 + 35 - 10 = 70.  

How At&t gets you to the plan price is irrelevant as long as it’s $70 

The rest is just math we learned in 2nd grade.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

1 Message

This kind of rudeness gets somebody a “community excellence” award? No wonder AT&T has the poor reputation it has.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

We don't work for AT&T. No pay, no benefits for posting sugary responses. The community is customer populated.

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Just to confirm, Mobile Share plans have access fee/charges of $20/line. 

Per Nerdwallet, March 2020

MOBILE SHARE PLUS

AT&T’s Mobile Share Plus plans come with unlimited minutes and texts, plus rollover data and free texts from the U.S. to more than 120 countries. Each plan has a base price, plus a $20 monthly access charge per smartphone.

Listed below are prices for one smartphone (with access charge included). Taxes and fees are an additional charge. You can save $10 per month on a single-line plan if you opt for automatic payments.

• 3GB: $60
  • 9GB: $70

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

4 months ago

@JAwantstoknow 
If you are asking if there is an ADDITIONAL $20?  
NO!   
The plan tool quotes the full correct cost, inclusive of line access.   The access fee will be broken out from plan cost on your bill.

So 3 gig $50 plan is Billed as $40+20 less $10

The 9gig $60 plan is billed As $50+20 less $10

Mobile share plus plan tool

Prices are quoted WITH the $10 per line discount.  

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

I got the same issue: I found a $70 Unlimited Starter fee /month in my bill- is that accurate?  those charges were never disclosed.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

3 months ago

@Afahmy 

The charges on your bill are listed alacarte, the total is exactly as advertised.  

Read the thread. 

Starter: 

1 line,  70 (plan) +40(line) -10(auto pay and paperless) -35 (single line discount) = $65

2 lines, 70+40+40-10-10-10(2 line discount) = $120.

3 lines,  70+40+40+40-10-10-10-25(3 line discount) = $135

4 lines,   70+40+40+40+40-10-10-10-10-50 = $140

5 lines,   70+40+40+40+40+40-10-10-10-10-10-70 = $150

All that matters is the ridiculous math agrees with the advertised price 

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

@lizdance40   thanks and also I find the below monthly charges- which ADs up:

Hello I just activated a new plan: and found the below charges and fees/ month, which adds to big unexpected number:

Federal Universal Service Fund     $38.26 $38.26
State and Local Tax     $29.22 $29.22
Other AT&T Fees and Surcharges     $21.13 $21.13
Administrative Fee     $7.96 $7.96
911 Fee     $1.65 $1.65
Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee     $1.50 $1.50
State Universal Service Fund     $0.00 $0.00

is something wrong?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.3K Messages

3 months ago

@Afahmy Those are way too high. I suspect you are not looking at an actual bill but the customer service summary they send you. The customer service summary is not a bill and infamously wrong because none of the discounts are included. I didn’t know they got the fees wrong too.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

3 months ago

Are you looking at a somewhat colorful piece of paper that says customer service summary at the very top? Does it also say this is not a bill?

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Yes it is estimated Bill- I am wondering if it would be too late to wait for the actual bill— ao checking if those numbers are true, I shall cancel the plan and return the phones I got from them... I just port in from Tmobile

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.3K Messages

3 months ago

You have 14 days to return phones. Anything beyond 3 days for service and you will be billed. I guarantee those numbers are not accurate.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

3 months ago

There's a reason it says it's not a bill, because it's not a bill. We have been complaining for years about AT&T customer service summary which does not show any discounts. It does not even show the discounts that are built into the plan cost.   Ignore it.   Your bill will be correct

Even on the old plan for customer service summary was incorrect.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

Lizdance, I just signed up with AT&T yesterday and I've been wrestling with - and worrying about - my summary ever since.  I gotta say your explanations are spot on!  You clarify their summaries and billing systems in such a logical manner - thanks!  Some folks here don't appreciate your brevity and candor.  Actually, it makes me smile!  Perhaps you're an accountant or engineer?  I kinda wish you DID work for AT&T to clear up their ambiguous forms!  You'd certainly get my vote!  Thanks again   

Get started...

Ask a new question