Need help understanding your bill?
WantMyMoneyBack123's profile

1 Message

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 2:01 PM

Money Stolen from me by AT&T

I canceled my account but then a month later was automatically charged resulting in an overdraft. $76 dollars was taken from my account, not including the overdraft fee. Months later, I was given a card with $72.72. Where is the rest of my money? A big corporation does not need to be stealing from it's ex-customers and the people. I'm not even asking for the overdraft fee, I just want a FULL refund. Don't understand why you all couldn't just refund the money back into my account instead of using these cards, other companies do just that. This has been a very frustrating and long process just to get my money back. This has been an awful experience for my family and me.

This used to be a good company but now everything is sloppy. You all need to hire more people instead of trying to cut corners and make a profit, AT&T. I am not referring to the employees but the CEO, COO, etc.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 months ago

No service provider prorates the final bill.  So if you cancel partway through a bill cycle, you are still billed and your autopay will still withdraw for the full amount.

I don't know if you complained and they agreed after the fact to send you a refund, but they may not have been able to refund you taxes which would have been paid to the Fed state and local.

I don't know if you'll get a response from AT&T as this is a customer facing forum not customer support.

And you posted this in the wireless section so I have no idea if that's the service you had (cell phones) or if you had internet service which has a different section in this forum

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

3 months ago

1.  Wireless service or internet?

2.  Did you cancel midway into a new billing cycle?

3.  Did you get the card after you called to complain?

Regardless of the service IF you cancelled midway into a new billing cycle and IF you called to complain, most likely they sent the card as a courtesy (which would be exceptional) but could not refund taxes.  Consider yourself lucky that you got $72.72.  THAT was generous.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.