For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Upgrade issue and also I had unlimited data plan on 3 of my lines which is very valuable! I believe this shared data plan was design to trick people out of their unlimited data plan. I want my old account back even tho it's a lottle

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

A little bit more but I can get our upgrades for cheaper and have unlimited data for when I really need it.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@cong - ok I understand. 🙂 However there's a small misconception here. The $15 charge is not payment toward the phone, it's referred to as the line access fee, which is basically to put in basic terms like ticket to share the bucket of data. However if you for example chose the $160 10GB plan for 4 lines, you will notice that the line fees are already included in the plan.

If you don't use much data, you can downgrade from 15GB to 10GB and save $30. Every other carrier does this in some form. Verizon mimics AT&T based on structure and T-Mobile does this via their JUMP insurance plan.

Keep in mind that contracts is not your only option. You can also opt for the Next plan (which is no contract, except to pay the phone in small installments), and still preserve the $15 line access rate.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

"Every other carrier does this in some form." ?Why does everyone always keep saying this? ?T-Mobile started it.....and they are the ONLY ones who will benefit from it sooner or later...."IF" Verizon or AT&T don't change their plans.

$15....or $40.....blah...blah...blah......if someone tries to sell you Next.....blah....blah...blah... ?(The Next program is pushed to customers because it is AT&T's way of forcing other carriers from paying your Early Termination Fees)

In the END....when you sign up to the 4 phones...$100...10GB Share plan.....your bill will go UP...$25 or less....per line.....either on a 2 year contract...or the Next Program.

This GIMMICK AT&T created was just to HOLD ON TO SUBSCRIBERS' MONEY...for now.....a BAND AID. ?When the balloon POPs and everyone sees that their bill will go up because they want to change their plan from the 4X$160.....you WILL SEE A LOT OF MAD CUSTOMERS.....GUARANTEED.

I am just waiting for that bubble to pop. and if it is not fixed in 2 months....bye....bye....AT&T.

i have been with AT&T since 2001.....through the Cingular Sale...then back to AT&T. ?I have NEVER experienced GREED as I see it with AT&T now. ?And it is degrading to be their customer now.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

"Keep in mind that all carriers are doing this in one way or another, especially Verizon and T-Mobile. ".....NO...AT&T COPIED ....T-MOBILE.......and T-MOBILE's prices start at $100 for 4 lines 10GB....NOT $160 for 4 lines.  For $160 a month...i can have 3 new phones in T-MOBILE....  Admit AT&T is dying slowly right now and the iPhone 6 release in September will give them a heart attack!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

why is it people dont look at the big picture.

So the I phone is 200 bucks + tax with new 2 year.  So you buy the phones out right for 600 bucks

If you pay the 40 for the 2 years you pay an extra 200 bucks for the phone.  The next plan does make since in this case.  For Iphones these new plans wont save much money.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@erickrenzo1229 wrote:

"Keep in mind that all carriers are doing this in one way or another, especially Verizon and T-Mobile. ".....NO...AT&T COPIED ....T-MOBILE.......and T-MOBILE's prices start at $100 for 4 lines 10GB....NOT $160 for 4 lines.  For $160 a month...i can have 3 new phones in T-MOBILE....  Admit AT&T is dying slowly right now and the iPhone 6 release in September will give them a heart attack!!!

If Tmobile had the coverage att did then we could talk apples to apples.  But there not.  These value plans are saving my family over 140 a month on service.  My kids hate the Iphone but part of that is im a android dev.  My kids get moto g lte's with my discount for 149.00 that gives them a new phone for 2 years.  I wish everyone would realize if you want a Iphone next is the only affordable way to do it.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!.......HEY SUNSHINE!!!!!! (READ MY RESPONSE FROM BELOW)

@sopheakreal - Aww, seems there was some confusion here. Smiley Sad If you opt for the 2 year contract, the line access fee will then be $40 as opposed to $15 on the Next plan. How long ago did you upgrade? Has it been less than 14 days? If so, you can return the phone(s) and get upgrade eligibility status again, enabling you to select the Next plan. ~Sunshine Smiley Happy

If you choose the "Next" program....YOUR BILL WILL STILL GO UP from the $15/month....probably $25 more a month......just LIKE if you were doing the 2 year contract.   

WHAT IS DECEIVING...IS THAT YOU WANT EVERYONE TO CHOOSE THE NEXT PROGRAM SO THAT THE PERSON CANNOT LEAVE AT&T becasuse T-Mobile will only pay ETFs.....and the Next Program has NO ETFs.

@sopheakreal either eat it with the 2 year program....or escape to T-Mobile.  this At&T trickery is out of hand.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

I don't know where you live....but T-Mobile is great in my area.  I already used their 7 day tryout.  I would not move anywhere if I was not sure.

Everyone has their case of where they can go.  I go where the plan is cheapest.

Currently: 4 X$160

2 new iphones...($200 each out of my pocket in Sept) - My bill is now $210 for 4 lines. ($25 more per line becasue I decided to upgrade. $35 or more if I choose the "Next plan...NOPE!)

T-Mobile:

4 lines $120 (2 with 3GB...2 with 1GB).

2 new iphones...($200 each out of my pocket in Sept) - My bill is now $160 ($120 service + $20 iphone 1 + $20 iphone 2)

I like saving $50/month.  I would even go to Sprint if the price was the same.

But eveyone has their own budgets and cirmustances. 

In the end....subsidicing your lines...or paying intallment prices......it all depends on who charges the least for service...and that is T-Mobile.  NO DOUBT.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

Just a quick reminder. Please remember to keep it courteous when replying to other community members.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.