Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 21, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

I'm sorry to bring this to your attention but it is not as simple as you outline it here on this forum. Most contacts are written in the smallest print and not to mention that the sales person is trained to make it sound so goooooood! I feel suckered into staying with AT&T especially after giving up my 3, yes 3 unlimited data plans. I too am a victim of this bait and switch scheme that AT&T is pulling and like many here on this forum only caught it when I saw my monthly wiresless bill jump $40x3=$120! Not to mention that I am a U-verse bundled customer that has been with AT&T since the Cingular days. I am REALLY REALLY going to give this some thought and rest assure that I will be researching the T-Mobile and Sprint buyout options. Especially now that Xfinity has improved their cable television and has fster internet speeds than U-Verse.

Oh and for the record I understand that the responses of the AT&T employees on this forum "do not respresent the opinions of AT&T", this however is the WORST representation of customer service I have witness. I am a customer service manager with my organization and I can't believe AT&T has not had a CSM or customer retention manager come on this forum and properly represent the company.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

I'm sorry to bring this to your attention but it is not as simple as you outline it here on this forum. Most contacts are written in the smallest print and not to mention that the sales person is trained to make it sound so goooooood! I feel suckered into staying with AT&T especially after giving up my 3, yes 3 unlimited data plans. I too am a victim of this bait and switch scheme that AT&T is pulling and like many here on this forum only caught it when I saw my monthly wiresless bill jump $40x3=$120! Not to mention that I am a U-verse bundled customer that has been with AT&T since the Cingular days. I am REALLY REALLY going to give this some thought and rest assure that I will be researching the T-Mobile and Sprint buyout options. Especially now that Xfinity has improved their cable television and has fster internet speeds than U-Verse.

Oh and for the record I understand that the responses of the AT&T employees on this forum "do not respresent the opinions of AT&T", this however is the WORST representation of customer service I have witness. I am a customer service manager with my organization and I can't believe AT&T has not had a CSM or customer retention manager come on this forum and properly represent the company.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

I have been acammed by att on this $160 for 4 lines. Upgrade the 4 lines and it goes to $260. What a scam!! Wonder when the[Edited to comply with Guidelines]. I know what I'm doing with my tax refund. Buying my contract out and going somewhere else. I do not want to deal with a company that does not tell me the truth on their plans. I have been a customer for 11 years.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 y مضت

I am sorry for your experience. I spent days in frustration and have set
it aside for now... I keep looking for alternatives and when the right one
comes along, I will seize the moment to part from ATT. Again, I am sorry
for your situation and hope you find some resolve.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

Right you are but this is bad business , they also take away the 25.00 Mobile Share Value Savings , they do not tell you that until you put in all credit card info and hit submit order

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

just got my bill and saw the same credit taken away , they do not state in the 3 choices that you lose the mobile share value credit until you get your bill after the upgrade . i said the same thing , very bad business , do they care ??? NO

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

customer for 10 years , i did what we have done for all our upgrades . and it does not tell you that you lose the $25 credit until you submit the order  , NOT BEFORE . NOT IN THE SMALL PRINT ANYWARE > not till you hit submit order

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 y مضت

UPDATE: I left AT&T on September 2014 after 14 years. I went to T-Mobile and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 y مضت

If T-Mobile is not for you, AT LEAST go to Verizon. I was SURPRISED this past December that Verizon was CHEAPER than AT&T!!! Don't DO any favors to companies that SCAM you.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

8 y مضت

Just remember that all carriers require you to pay for your phones, one way or another.

Line fee and data are separate charges.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

8 y مضت

@screwait

Do you mean these three options
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=M0k6feyglSC

Nice little chart which clearly shows the per line fees based on your choice of payment plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

I assume you are not speaking of my original post regarding att limit of next plans to only 4 lines per account. I signed up with 8 lines WOW great deal until the other 4 could not upgrade without $199 down for new phone, sign 2 year agreement AND lose the credit for 2 years. sorry sweetheart but that's insane and only in the teeny tiny fine print. in fact, the reps at att were not even familiar with the limit until I told them. so sorry not clear at all.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 y مضت

This is AT&T.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 y مضت

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

8 y مضت

Amusing. But no.
It's a simple ala' carte plan.
With 3 ways to buy a phone.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.