Need help understanding your bill?
OldePharte's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 7th, 2015 9:54 PM

Mobile Protection Pack Add-On

Hello Folks! Long time AT&T Wireless customer here. A few weeks ago I visited my local AT&T store to switch from an old Family Plan into a new talk/text/data plan. I walked in with an almost new smart phone that was given to me to replace my old flip phone (gasp) and a 10 month old iPad Air that I have been using on wifi at home. Sims were put into the phone I brought in and my iPad, plan was changed and I went home. Today, I receive in the mail a brochure and a thank you for ENROLLING in the AT&T Mobile Protection Plan. I see the number is pertaining to the 4G plan on my iPad. I did not sign up for it. I was asked to sign a tablet with my fingertip to "change my plan" before I left the store. No mention of a Protection Plan was made during my visit. None. Zilch. Zip. About 6 years ago when I went in to get a sim for my flip phone, my bill was padded with a $6.99 charge for insurance that I did not request. I buy my phones and tablets outright - always. Years before that, another $3.00 charge was put on for some road assist service that I did not agree to and would not have with a new car and AAA already in force. Only three visits to an AT&T store over 15 years and EVERY TIME an add-on that I did not request. Once again I will have to call to decline a service I did not sign on for.  Does anybody know WHAT GIVES with these automatically generated unwanted services?  Is the sales force asked to slip these in to meet quotas?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

I think they are testing to see if we read our bills.   LOL.  I always do and I see you wise do also.

You can remove the insurance online, with live chat or by calling.  

I have calculated I saved between $5000-$7000 over the 20 years My family has had cell phones by NOT having insurance. 

That easily replaces every phone on my current share plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.